Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hey cm doctors!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 22 Replies
A few weeks ago I went to Colorado to visit family. While I was out there I started to notice if I did certain things I'd get kind of dizzy (turn to fast, stand up to fast etc). I figured it was altitude sickness since I'm from MD and not use to the high altitude. I've been back home for 3 weeks now and still get dizzy, not as often but its daily.

What's wrong with me??? Lol I have a drs appt Tuesday for another issue but I'm going to mention this to her as well.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Maybe an inner ear infection?  I've heard that it will affect your equilibrium.

AshleyOh7
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm NOT a doctor, so def don't take what I say as any kind of educated opinion (!), but my DH's grandpa had that happen to him and it turns out he had developed vertigo. I'm sure there are a bunch of different things it could be, and maybe it's nothing, but vertigo might be something to at least look up or ask your Dr about?
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yes...could be.  Vertigo can also be caused by an inner ear infection.

**I'm not a doctor or in the medical field at all...I've just read about different things.

Quoting AshleyOh7:

I'm NOT a doctor, so def don't take what I say as any kind of educated opinion (!), but my DH's grandpa had that happen to him and it turns out he had developed vertigo. I'm sure there are a bunch of different things it could be, and maybe it's nothing, but vertigo might be something to at least look up or ask your Dr about?

Mommyof1_2013
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I don't feel sick though and the last time I had an ear infection my ear was killing me!!

Quoting offrdngal:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Middle ear infection and inner ear are 2 totally different things.

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

I don't feel sick though and the last time I had an ear infection my ear was killing me!!

Quoting offrdngal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof1_2013
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I'm definitely bringing up the dizzyness to my doctor on Tuesday. It's not bad to where I fall over but its there, and I'd rather figure it out before it gets to that point. Thanks!

Quoting AshleyOh7:

AshleyOh7
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Yeah- they actually think that's what initially caused my grandpa-in-law's. The infection got better and so did his dizziness for a little while, then it just hit him like a tonne of bricks!

Quoting offrdngal:

Yes...could be.  Vertigo can also be caused by an inner ear infection.

**I'm not a doctor or in the medical field at all...I've just read about different things.

Quoting AshleyOh7:

Mommyof1_2013
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Idr what kind if ear infection it was, all I know is it hurt and the plane ride made my head feel like it was going to explode!!

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Quoting offrdngal:

AshleyOh7
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I mean, it could be something simple, like, I don't know- your iron levels are low or something. Lol. I don't know Dr stuff! But I do know that shouldn't normally be happening.... :/ You're right, though- might as well check it out in case it's something that COULD get worse.

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

I'm definitely bringing up the dizzyness to my doctor on Tuesday. It's not bad to where I fall over but its there, and I'd rather figure it out before it gets to that point. Thanks!

Quoting AshleyOh7:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM
That was middle ear. Inner ear is vertigo.

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Idr what kind if ear infection it was, all I know is it hurt and the plane ride made my head feel like it was going to explode!!

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Quoting offrdngal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)