Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Cleaning Help

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

Just wanted to stay thanks to everyone who had great ideas on how to fix my problem. The winner was magic eraser. Holy cow that worked wonders not a hint of crayon left.

THANK YOU, you made one little boy quite happy!

My son decided to use a real crayon to write on one of those dry erase easel. The can you write on and then erase and do it again. I have no clue how to get the crayon off the screen. I have used soap and water- nothing. I have used one of those safe for all hard surface cleaners-nothing. I would just throw it out but he likes the damn thing and not sure if I can find a replacement one( it was a hand me down toy). Any ideas ladies????

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Alcohol.  But then even the dry erase might night work anymore.  If it doesn't work, let this be a learning opportunity--he can scribble on it with REAL crayons till it is totally destroyed, and then it goes in the garbage.  That's what I did with my kids.  Don't take care of it, in the garbage it goes.  And it is NOT replaced.

pumpkin50
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Thanks I will give it a try. And that is a great idea if the alcohol fails.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Alcohol.  But then even the dry erase might night work anymore.  If it doesn't work, let this be a learning opportunity--he can scribble on it with REAL crayons till it is totally destroyed, and then it goes in the garbage.  That's what I did with my kids.  Don't take care of it, in the garbage it goes.  And it is NOT replaced.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

A tip I read was to go over the marks with the dry erase marker, and then wiping should get both the marker and the crayon off.

Someone else suggested goo be gone but weren't sure if it would damage the board.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Magic eraser.

pumpkin50
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM

So forgot about that thing, it seems to clean anything.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Magic eraser.

pregnantmama105
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

crayon is just wax right. so maybe pop the sucker in the freezer for 3 hrs. and take it out and carefully scrap off the wax. and try a mulity surface cleaner and microfiber clothe and some elbow greese.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I use window cleaner with 99% sucess when dd did that.  You can also warm the wax and wipe it off that way.  A hot paper towel that is damp.

pumpkin50
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

The easel talks when you push a button. If I put in the freezer do you think it will damage the talking part?

Quoting pregnantmama105:

crayon is just wax right. so maybe pop the sucker in the freezer for 3 hrs. and take it out and carefully scrap off the wax. and try a mulity surface cleaner and microfiber clothe and some elbow greese.

pregnantmama105
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I though it was just a plain olf white esale... sorry... magic eraser!

Quoting pumpkin50:

The easel talks when you push a button. If I put in the freezer do you think it will damage the talking part?

Quoting pregnantmama105:

pumpkin50
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

My fault kinda forgot the sucker talks!!!

Quoting pregnantmama105:

I though it was just a plain olf white esale... sorry... magic eraser!

Quoting pumpkin50:

Quoting pregnantmama105:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)