Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter woke up thrusadya morn with a 101.7 and it got up to 103.8 we brought her to Childrens turned out she had an UTI and the things that sucks is she is in so much pain she will cry then seconds later she will have a wet diaper I feel so bad and worst we think she is having a reaction to the antibotics shes on but we have to wait one more day to see , what should I do to help ease the pain and the thing thta sucks is I think she got the UTI due to sitting in a poopy diaper thanks to my soon to be mother in law never again will I let her babysit *She has diaper rash also so that could be why shes crying but im not sure **She is 4 months old*

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I am so sorry, poor baby.  UTIs are awfully painful. I wonder if painkiller would help- whatever the pediatrician recommends, or call the after hours doctor or the hospital and ask them what you can give her.

TeenMommyToBe7
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yeah we tried tylenol but shes still in pain was just wondering if any other moms had any other little tricks

Quoting Bmat:

I am so sorry, poor baby.  UTIs are awfully painful. I wonder if painkiller would help- whatever the pediatrician recommends, or call the after hours doctor or the hospital and ask them what you can give her.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Maybe someone will have some suggestions.  I drink cranberry juice, but this would not be something I'd recommend for a baby. Over the counter products I have not found to be helpful for me, which is why I suggest a doctor suggesting or prescribing something for her.

Quoting TeenMommyToBe7:

Yeah we tried tylenol but shes still in pain was just wondering if any other moms had any other little tricks

Quoting Bmat:

poshkat
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Can you give kids azo pills? I take those when I have uti's but I don't know if you can give them to kids. Call the nurse hotline
Shabz
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM

are 4 month olds allowed to drink plenty of water?   if yes then thats what id suggest... paediatric painkiller? good luck and get well soon

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

No water until 6 months of age.

Quoting Shabz:

are 4 month olds allowed to drink plenty of water?   if yes then thats what id suggest... paediatric painkiller? good luck and get well soon

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

At this point, the antibiotic should have worked enough on the UTI so that she isn't feeling any more pain from the infection. That makes me think she is having pain from the diaper rash. Just keep her dry and don't use baby wipes until the rash is gone. Soaking in a warm bath with baking soda also helps. Let her bottom air dry before putting a diaper on. At 4 months old, you're restricted to Tylenol for pain relief. I hope she feels better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)