Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared mommy

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
My little girl is going to be 2 in a few weeks. The potty training thing is not going so hot, so she's still frequently in diapers. Anyway, today, she was complaining that her private area hurt and wanted her diaper off. When I took it off, I noticed two very small whitehead pimple looking bumps on her vagina. I'm a teacher and off for the summer, I haven't had a boy friend in about a month, and I'm the only one to have been alone with her since I've been off for summer vacation. I'm a very protective mama so anything in this region scares me to death.
ps... About 3 days ago, she took a nap with a poppy diaper. I laid her down for a nap and she must have pooped before falling asleep.
Any mamas seen anything like this before? Help!
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Just get her to the doctor  It could just be pimples that randomly on body parts. No need to freak out about STIs or anything like that.   I would just put aloe on them or something else to soothe any itchiness/pain they cause.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

So, you put her to bed without checking her diaper first? 

Dumb, but nothing to call DCFS over. Also, not sure what that has to do with a pimple on her vagina.

That is a damp, sweaty, area. Stuff happens. 

If it does not go away, and continues to irritate, then call your doctor.

As for potty training, I really doubt she will go to high school in diapers! Calm down, and consider the possibility that it might be your anxiety that is keeping her in diapers. 

wonderMommy9925
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:47 AM
No. I did not put her to bed without checking her. She's awesome about naps. I changed her, laid her in her bed in her room, where she does not cry but welcomes going to sleep. When she got up, she was dirty, but I could tell she'd be dirty more than just a couple minutes.

Please don't call me dumb.I'm far from that. I was just trying to check with others moms if this was a rash experienced by anyone before, or a more serious infection.

Shabz
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

best to get it checked at er or docs... might be something might be nothing but don worry urself too much.

Reina13
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hi and welcome.

Try not to worry too much mama. I know it is hard not to do when it concerns our little ones. Just keep the area as clean and as dry as possbile. Maybe put an ointment on it. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days, give your pediatrician a call and make an appointment.

As far as the potty training goes, if she isn't ready, don't push her. Wait a few weeks and try again. My oldest was very easy. I started training him the day after he turned 2 years old. He was completely trained in a week.  My middle child was not interested at all. He was 3 years and 3months old before he was fully trained. Just take your time and be patient. It will happen. Good luck

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I'm sure they are just pimples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I would just talk to her Dr. about it. 

lightning918
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
My 2 yr old dd gets whitehead looking bumps down there when she sleeps in a poopy diaper (she does it in her sleep too) or when she drinks too much juice. I think it's got to do with the amount of acid. Her dr gave her prescription cream for it, but it doesn't help at all. I found petroleum jelly or a&d ointment clear it up in 2 days where we used the prescription for weeks and saw no results. I hope this helps you so you don't worry too much and I hope your dd feels better soon.
isaacsmommy68
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

It could be a yeast infection. Take her to the ped and have them check it out. Not abnormal to happen. Especially if it has been hot out.

wonderMommy9925
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Thanks mamas. she's looking and feeling much better already. thanks for the tips and advice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)