Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would you do the same?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

OK so DD(5) has been playing with the little girl next door(just turned7)... Well the other night I went out to call her in for dinner. (they play in the yard and we live on a dead en street with barely any traffic and I had the kitchen door open) Well I hear DD saying"no I can't do that my mommy said no." then the other girl we'll call her E says"She won't notice." I called DD in right away anmd told her she is not allowed to play with her. The littel girl in the back we will call I is a very good kid she is 5 as well and her mom has taught her to listen to the adult at the home you are at. So tonight DD is in the yard playing and E is outside on the other side of the fence. I keep having to tell DD to stay away from her. She is 7 and outside all alone with her 2 year old nephew. I feel bad but I don't want her playing with a kid like that.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I wouldn't like it either. What is it she was trying to do?
delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I have no clue. I just heard DD saying no my mommy said I cant and the little girl saying she wont notice. I have No clue what she was trying to make her do. 

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I wouldn't like it either. What is it she was trying to do?

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Yes. I would do the same.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

is she always that way, or jst a one time thing? mabe she's a good kid who made a poor choice you just happened to overhear.

delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Oh no she's done it before. One day she was over and they wer doing something I cant remember what and I said stop. I heard her say lets go over here where your mom can't see.
Quoting brittany208:

is she always that way, or jst a one time thing? mabe she's a good kid who made a poor choice you just happened to overhear.

rayroe2
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Why don't you ask? Kids are crazy and you should be proud of her for saying no.
LindaClement
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

I would not do the same. And I didn't, although there were ample opportunities to do so...

Instead, I pulled those kids much closer. Some of them so much closer than they could handle that they never appeared again. I stayed really close to my kids, particularly when they were that young, so I could see and hear all of what they were doing (and what some nutcase was suggesting they do) ... I was busy doing my own thing (reading, writing, drawing, talking to friends) but close by. Close enough to step in a long time before anything really disrespectful went on, and close enough to be in the way of any violence...

Devious little children don't like adults that close, which is handy because no one wants those kids around, but they take themselves off so they feel powerful instead of shunned, which creates ever so many more problems than it solves.

LindaClement
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I'd have responded to that, too, just like you said 'stop,' I'd have said 'no, actually, that's not safe and you're not allowed.'

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Oh no she's done it before. One day she was over and they wer doing something I cant remember what and I said stop. I heard her say lets go over here where your mom can't see.
Quoting brittany208:

jessi2girls
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I, personally, wouldn't let my dd play alone outside at 5.. this being one of the reasons why. 

Tallmomma
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Your DD was true to you that is a great thing!
I would do the same - keep her and E away from each other for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)