Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How to get over EX when CHILDREN are involved? HELP

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 19 Replies

It's been about 5 1/2 weeks since he broke up with me. We have a very young son together. I am at a loss. He has already moved on, but he tells me he misses me. He also mentions he isnt happy. Then other times when I ask how him and his gf are doing he will say we are good. I thought I would be over him by now but im not. I want to make it work. We talk everyday. I find myself wanting to tell him about my day or something exciting that happened to me. I don't have any friends, I just moved. I don't have a job and I rarely get out of the house. I am thinking about him 24/7 and I just noticed I barely ate anything in the past 2 days. I just don't feel hungry.

How can I get over him? It's not like I can ignore him and not spend time with him. I have to, hes my sons dad. Any advice? thank you

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Bump

wodntulk2kno1
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM
It's still fresh so getting over it is going to be a process. You don't need to spend time with him because of your child. He can do things with the child seperate from you. You need to find other peoe to be friends with because the more you isolate yourself the more you depend on him for conversation. Keep it to a minimum just about the child. It's hard and we have all been there, but it will get easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg! I dont think i could b interested in a man who left me with our young child for his gf.
He does not sound worth your time or effort. Focus on your son. Find friends with young children at the library or parks near you. Move on. Im sure once your happy and busy youll feel better and realize he did u a favor.
Sorry, he sounds like a jerk.
Bluecalm
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Why are you talking to him every day? That isn't going to help you move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I could easily get over a guy who left me and our child for someone else, especially if he was manipulative enough to play head games with me by telling me he's not happy and misses me. That's a boy who showed his true character and is stringing you along.

How do you get over him??...See him for who he really is and not who you wish he would be. "When someone shows you who they really are...BELIEVE them!" -Maya Angelou. Once you see him for who he really is, you'll realize you won't want to be with him because you deserve better.

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Look on here for friends, in the search box look for your state, add the group and see if anyone lives near you... or just go to the mall or something and make friends with other moms... I am super friendly so its not hard for me... but you have to stop talking to him unless its about your baby sweetie... heck... make friends on here... :)

LindaClement
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM

It sounds like he thinks he made a mistake.

How forgiving are you?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Stop talking to him so much. It should be about your child and that is it. Move on. Sounds like he cheated on you. Cheaters don't change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM

You don't need to speak to him every day and you don't have to spend time with him.  When you do speak to him an/or see him, only talk about your son.  Don't talk about anything personal...you're only setting yourself up.  Don't make the conversations long-winded.  Keep them short and to the point.  To me, it sounds like he is just playing games with you.  You are the one who has the control to stop the games.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM

((Hugs)) You don't need to speak to him everyday. If he is really not coming back, distance will help. If you think he may come back speaking to him in netural terms or being honest may help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN