Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Why can't I find a swimsuit for me........

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am in my early forties and am 5'3" and 113 lbs. I am having the hardest time finding a swimsuit. The main problem I'm having is 'mom boobs'. I have two girls 9 and 11 and of course having kids, my poor chest is just not the same. It's not like a have huge boobs or something, I am a 34 C. Anyway, I don't wear 2 pc suits but I am looking for a tankini. All the tops either make me look like I have a unaboob, or it goes down so far in the front that I hang out the sides or just do not have any support at all. It is so frustrating it's making me crazy. What I want is a tankini top that is made like a bra that has support on the sides and does not let you hang down to your belly button. Does anyone know of any stores or websites that might have what I am looking for?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I go through the same thing. But what I ended doing actually spending like $50 on nice swim suit at macys. It was worth gave a lot of boob support.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I have a cute one I'll post tomorrow. I believe I got it at kohls... I only shop there when they send me $10 lol. Then I check the clearance. :)
thebailiffs
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Have you looked at LLBean. You can mix and match the tops and bottoms. I have had mine over 3 years. It has an under wire on top with lots of support and a tankini on the bottom it is really cute.

I know that Sear's also has the brand in stock to try on.

I hate them. I have seen a lot of women wear Yoga like clothes, like a tank and a tank/ tennis shorts with a skirt covering the bottom.
Good luck
lidibolton
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM

not sure  but heres a bump

paintitblack0
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Not sure here's a bump

SWasson
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Check out Landsend.com

lilbit53009
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

i think swim suits are the hardest things to find no matter what your size! i went from a 36c pre pregnancy to a 32b after breastfeeding and 4 years of my weight going up and down. my boobs are deflated and it's almost impossible for me to find a top that doesn't make me feel like a 10 yo boy lol

sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

no website ideas but the sporty types lifeguards and swimmers wear look like they hold everythng in place. personally my stomach and thighs are a (flabby) problem so i like the looks of the 40's style suits and totally want a retro polka dot one piece. the tankinis ride up sometimes. i got one by getting a black maternity one at target though and it looks good on top, has a halter top, perhaps you could hem the roomy belly part.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

This is me 'church suit' lol. I wear it to public functions, water park, etc.

Tones it down but fits nicely. Two seperate pieces and kinda dowdy but leaves me free to play with kids and such with nothing falling out.

I have other suits as well, more for being alone or just family...

I love this top, from kohls i believe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)