Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What did you get your so/hubby for Father's day?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
What did you get your so/hubby for Father's day?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Khaki shorts and a pair of lounge/pj shorts.  He is also getting a card from his children as well.  He bought himself extra speakers for his laptop.

Radellia
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Quite frankly I'm leaving it til last minute like he did for Mother's Day. I'm still pretty pissed at him about that since he had actually not planned on being home most of the day for my very first Mother's Day... It had been a huge fight that he actually stayed home. Then he went to Walgreens the night before to get me a card and they happened to be selling flowers there so he got flowers also.
alaskadreams
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Quoting Radellia:

Quite frankly I'm leaving it til last minute like he did for Mother's Day. I'm still pretty pissed at him about that since he had actually not planned on being home most of the day for my very first Mother's Day... It had been a huge fight that he actually stayed home. Then he went to Walgreens the night before to get me a card and they happened to be selling flowers there so he got flowers also.

that sucks- i totally feel your pain. dh didn't get or do ANYTHING for mother's day this year or last- He also has failed miserably on my birthdays.
mamalynnsmith
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Nothing he is not my father

karenax
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I got him the same thing he got me...nothing. Now we have matching sets.bad

deadlights86
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Nothing. He spent a crap load of money on used video games that he will never play. He got his gift. Over 100 dollars worth. I got flowers from WalMart. He couldn't even have the kids make me a picture. I was going to make him carrot cake but I'm not feeling well.
stayathome510
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Wow, I love my husband, but didn't get him anything, either!  Things are not so important, I did give him a kiss and wished him a Happy Fathers Day....bought rolls for breakfast and we'll have a nice grill today.  My husband does take care of his wants and buys whatever he wants when he wants it, so thats why things just aren't important.  And I just think for Mothers Day a mom needs to feel loved...not so much to have something.  I'm sorry if you experienced not having that...I have had some pretty down Mother's Day's also, thats the pits.  But, as always, when you do something nice for someone, it really does make you feel better inside....when you do something not nice to get back or because you feel hurt it just makes you feel lousy.  So, at least give them a kiss, a hug, and tell them you love them and be nice!

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
The boys made him painted ceramics ( three yr old sort of on his own ) and I got him a new pair of crocs , a bit nicer than " basic" since his others had a strap break and no tread left. (pool time and all) :-)
asm03
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
My daughter picked out lego star wars for my husband. She knows hes a big nerd. :)
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

He got breakfast in bed, the Sunday paper(for the coupons), a new wallet from Darby, a gas card from Kelsie, and a 18 holes of golf(golf cart included) from me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)