Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitters

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have had the same babysitter for 7 years. She started when she was 14 and now she has met this great guy and they are moving 12 hours away and getting married! : ( I'm really sad because she was such a great sitter and my kids loved her! I knew she would at some point move away, and I knew how lucky we were to have her in our lives.

7 years ago we ended up moving into the house right next to her parents before we had kids so we didnt have to do much to find her. Now that I have to look for a sitter I'm at a lose! Please help me!

I have looked at about 5 different sites that are set up to help parents find sitters and help sitters find jobs, but they all cost so much a month or a year and I would rather up that money towards paying the sitter. Does anyone know of a site that doesnt require money to find a sitter?

I understand why the fee it there, becuse it pays for the background checks and it keeps the sitters safe from crazy people. So if there isnt one anyone knows of, which site do you use and did you find it helpful, did you get a sitter you loved out of it?

What are other good ways of going about finding a sitter?

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Is there any way your former sitter could make suggestionis for other people to hire?  I am presuming you would trust her judgement since she has been in your life so long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured