Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rashes any suggestions???

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 8 months old and has dime size rashes all over her back and one on her tummy? I give her a bath every day and use the aveno lotion any suggestions on what to do to get rid of them ??
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Just being aveno doesn't make it great.

*I* would stop using whatever soap you're using, go to a - not just mild- but FRAGRANCE FREE soap, and fragrance free lotion.

Along with the ff lotion I'd drop some cortizone in my hand too and rub it all over. Just what I would do though. You can always ask her ped.  :)

She's still little and getting used to the outside world and all it's chemicals!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

For spots that big, I suspect more than a contact rash. I think I would ask her doctor.

jeepygirl
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Describe the rashes. Are they dry, peeling, scaly, red, etc? An 8 month old doesn't need a bath everyday, it can dry out the skin further and irritate any kind of rash. I would switch the soap to something very mild, Dr. Bronner's unscented (you can get it at Target, it's the light blue label) and also drop the Aveeno, it still has all sorts of chemicals in it. Try using coconut oil. Also, get her to a Dr to get a diagnosis. My husband has eczema and can't use anything with any kind of fragrance or harsh chemicals so this is what we use at home.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Cetafil baths. Can be used without water even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixie1019
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Yes they are dry red and scaley does anyone have any suggestions on a lotion I can buy at Walmart?? I don't have a target here in pigeon forge
zacmacsmomm
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I would get her into her peditrician.  It could be a viral rash, or ecxima (sp)  too early to spell correctly.  But either way, it's not smart to treat it unless you know what you are dealing with, could also be yeast as well

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Sounds like eczema. Try coconut oil. It works wonders on dermatological problems.

Quoting dixie1019:

Yes they are dry red and scaley does anyone have any suggestions on a lotion I can buy at Walmart?? I don't have a target here in pigeon forge

GracesMama2009
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My oldest daughter has eczema and she gets rashes like that all the time.  I use udder butter (its in a cow print container)  I get it at walmart.  It helps her more than anything.  I'd have your doc check her out too.  And giving her a bath everyday can irritate it.  Cortizone cream helps but it doesn't clear the rash up for my daughter. the udder butter cream clears my daughters up.

dixie1019
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone think I will try the utter butter she has a Dr appt today :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)