Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDIT: budget

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am going to have 40$ a week for groceries for the rest of this month.  What kind of stuff should i buy/make?

UPDATE:  Ok we went to the store today and I got stuff for grilled cheese sandwitches, spagetti, beef, lots of hamburger helper, milk, tomato soup, chicken, rice, bread, and taco seasoning.  Thanks for all the replies.  I'm just trying to be more responsible with my money. 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Spaghetti and meatloaf. Bread and cheese for grilled cheese. Veggies. Pancake batter and eggs.

cmorden06
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
make soups they will stretch longer.
newwifenmom
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I agree with PPs. Also tuna can make lots of inexpensive meals. Rice is cheap and can stretch your meats. Get frozen vegs. Beans are also filling and there are lots you can do with them. Do one or 2 veggie nights since meat is expensive.

bubblemama2164
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM

i would get milk, bread, eggs, cheese, rice, spaghetti, chicken legs, Cream of Chicken soup, butter,meat loaf mix ( found in meat dept),  baking potatoes, frozen veggies, noodles, with those items you can make french toast, any type of eggs, grilled cheese , cheese sandwhich, grilled chicken and butter noodles, rice with the cream of chicken soup, meat loaf and baked potatoes,

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Check out the Frugalistas group, too - they have tons of ideas for inexpensive meals:

***Check out The Marketplace!***

Nena70
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM

rice  , potatoes,  carrots,   spagetti , oatmeal,  noodles, eggs  , chicken , beans(pinto) 

Do you have a 99 cents/dollar tree store near you, They have fruit and vegetalble and bread /tortillas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)