Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity Clothes

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

I need advice on where to buy maternity clothes.   A lot of stores seem to have stopped carrying them.  Where do you all buy yours and if you don't buy maternity clothes, what do you wear?  

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I went to motherhood maternity for my clothing.  I still wear many of the shirts 7 yrs later LOL.  I gave away the pants however to someone else who was pregnant at the time.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Target has a whole section now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helpme5
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Many people do no wear them but decide instead to wear elastic exercise pants and shorts and baby doll style shirts that are great for after the baby is born as well :) 

Garage sales, resale shops, good will, old navy online has a better selection, or motherhood maternity :) 

Remember you will only wear them for about three months per child... ;) 

StacyO722
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I came accross this when I started looking for maternity clothes earlier this year.

Old Navy is the best that I have found. The only problem is that you have to buy online. They don't carry it in stores.

Motherhood is good, but expensive.

StacyO722
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Really, 3 months? I've been in maternity clothes since Dec, and I'm due in a couple weeks. And no, I have not gained a ton of weight, just 12lbs.

Quoting helpme5:

Many people do no wear them but decide instead to wear elastic exercise pants and shorts and baby doll style shirts that are great for after the baby is born as well :) 

Garage sales, resale shops, good will, old navy online has a better selection, or motherhood maternity :) 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM
3 months? I started wearing pants around 15 weeks. Other clothes by 4 1/2 months. 20 years ago tight clothes were tacky and not in style like they are now.

Quoting helpme5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyaustin
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yoga pants
Flared tops until you get a belly then any longer cute shirts will do
Cotton shorts
Summer flowy dresses

Just buy a few months of essentials
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MentorMom1
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The most comfortable maternity (and nursing) clothes in the universe: http://www.japaneseweekend.com/

I wore my bottoms after the babies, while I was getting my figure back. They wear like the dickens, too. Great quality. 

Vintage Lace party dress. $19.99 on clearance.

lace maternity dress

skinny maternity jean

maternity nursing top

These cords are on sale for $19.99!!

Ok maternity cords

brittany208
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Target has maternity clothes.

Personally, I bought as little actual maternity clothes as possible. I did buy one pair of nice black work pants from motherhood maternity, but other than that, i just bought clothes with a generous cut in bigger sizes. I wore jeans under my belly, so i never bought actual maternity jeans. i wore a lot of stretchy tank tops and cardigans, bc tanks are cheap, and cardigans i could buy in my normal size (or a little bigger) and i can still wear after the fact.

brittany208
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

im surprised you even need maternity clothes if you only gained 12 lbs. why not just buy normal clothes a size up?

Quoting StacyO722:

Really, 3 months? I've been in maternity clothes since Dec, and I'm due in a couple weeks. And no, I have not gained a ton of weight, just 12lbs.

Quoting helpme5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)