Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control Options

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
I justhad my baby boy and DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT want any more kids for a long while. I would prefer something you don't have to worry about on a daily basis as My oldest is a handful and i tend o forget things. Also no Periods is a Bonus. Thanks in Advance!!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paulina805
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Same with me, I just had my baby boy a month ago, and for birth control I decided to do the shot. There was four options for me to pick out and they were: the shot, the pills, the IUD that is inserted into your vagina, and  a match-stick rod that is inserted into your arm. I have picked the shot because, I thought if I get the pills, there will be days where I will forget to take it and get pregnant again, the IUD(Intrauterine Device) that is inserted into your vagina, I heard that it can cause serious bleeding and cause sterility which means you won't be able to get pregnant ever again, and last but not least the match-stick rod, I though it was really weird having it be inserted under your skin, and it can cause alergic reactions too & if not insured it costs from $400 up to $800 up front. So there ya do!

MamaJellyBean58
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I agree the Match stick thing kinda freaks me out. I was on the shot after my first but my bones got so brittle it was insane! I ended up with 2 broken hands before he was 6 months old just doing every day chores.
brittany208
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

mirena? never used it, just saw the commercial lol

zacmacsmomm
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Get an IUD, I know several women that have them and love them

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I have a Mirena and love it.  Nothing to remember, virtuallt no period, and I don't get weight gain and lack of sex drive like I did with the pill.  All birth control has risks...your doc can tell you what they are and how common they are before you decide.

Piskie
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Implant. It's awesome.... 2 periods in as many years, no weight gain, nothing to forget. Plus, if you don't get on with it, the hormones are out of your system quickly. I don't even realise I've got it in usually.
paganmommy4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Yasmin is great for no periods ( 4 times per year)

Mirena is okay

and so is paraguard

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Have Mirena, an IUD.  There is 5 years and 10 years 99% effective birth control.  I have it and love it.  Next June I will go on the 10 year plan.  My periods are very mild if I have them or not.

MamaJellyBean58
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting emarin77:

Have Mirena, an IUD.  There is 5 years and 10 years 99% effective birth control.  I have it and love it.  Next June I will go on the 10 year plan.  My periods are very mild if I have them or not.

I have heard Mixed reviews on this. Most of the negative is revolving around it moving out of place and pain during sex.
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Yes, if you touch or try to pull it out it will.  I never have had pain during sex.  I've had it 4 years now.

Quoting MamaJellyBean58:

Quoting emarin77:

I have heard Mixed reviews on this. Most of the negative is revolving around it moving out of place and pain during sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)