Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel Tips?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have any tips on how to dave money on int'l flights? Do anyone know if I can use a travel agent just to book flights (so I can make pymts on it)?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Air has to be paid the day you book, even though a travel agent. They charge a fee too. International flights are expensive. I paid $600 to FL on spring break this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JewelJones
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Where are you from?

Quoting atlmom2:

Air has to be paid the day you book, even though a travel agent. They charge a fee too. International flights are expensive. I paid $600 to FL on spring break this year.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Where are you wanting to go?  It is usually the cheapest to go through directly the airline than through anywhere else.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Best to book a package deal so if you need hotel, car, etc when you book them together you can get a better price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JewelJones
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Supposed to be going to Cancun for my family vacay beginning of August, but these prices for my family of 5 are ridiculous. I was just hoping that someone knew some inside tips so I don't have to pay the outrageous prices of "Cancun in the summer". 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Where are you wanting to go?  It is usually the cheapest to go through directly the airline than through anywhere else.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I have booked many trips and flights in multiple states. Travel agents don't book on credit. None I worked with.

Quoting JewelJones:

Where are you from?

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I am in Wisconsin.

Quoting JewelJones:

Supposed to be going to Cancun for my family vacay beginning of August, but these prices for my family of 5 are ridiculous. I was just hoping that someone knew some inside tips so I don't have to pay the outrageous prices of "Cancun in the summer". 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
You can't make payments on flights. You have to pay in full up front no matter how you do it.

Booking flight and hotel with out without a car is usually cheaper. As well as booking through the airline themselves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Does cancun need a passport or still just ids?   One of the travel bidding sites may have better deals.  Going anywhere in summer with a family of 5 will be expensive.

JewelJones
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'm not sure if we need passports, but we have them. I just may have to reconsider going.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Does cancun need a passport or still just ids?   One of the travel bidding sites may have better deals.  Going anywhere in summer with a family of 5 will be expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)