Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbor Kids....

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

How would you handle this situation? 

There is a brother and sister pair in the neighborhood (6 & 8 yo) that we used to allow our DD to play with when we bought our house 2 years ago. She started coming home with a huge attitude after being at their house playing, or she would come home crying with a sad story about how she was treated. When it didn't stop we told her that she couldn't play with them anymore. Our DD is so forgiving and continues to try and convince us that they are sorry for how they acted so on and so on. Well they ride the same bus to and from school, and I have caught them talking to each other from across the street, and once went down to a friends house that DD was playing at because they knew they weren't allowed to play with her here or at their house anymore.  Just some very sneaky things mostly on their part. ( and on DD for talking to them ) 

About 2 weeks ago DD comes home off the bus with a red eye and crying. I asked her what happened... the little boy hit her in the face on purpose because he didn't like that she stood up on the bus and 'broke the rule' so I marched over and talked to the Mom about it. The little boy confirmed that he hit her because she didn't follow the rules on the bus. I was told it would be handled and DD would get an apology the next morning.... she didn't get one.

Tonight at 8:30pm there was a ring at the door. We answered it and nobody was there. Across the street the boy and girl are running back laughing. This is the SECOND time they have ding dong ditched us since we told DD they couldn't play together. 

Any advice?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Hmm not really sure.  Is there someone watching them or are they home alone?  The doorbell thing is learned in my opinion so someone had to teach them.

flprincessmom
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I would talk to the parents and not allow my child to be around them. Make the bus driver and school aware of the situation & not allow them to sit anywhere near them on the bus.  If it does not stop I would let the Housing Association know about it. It is called bullying and alot of places have an anti bullying policy.....I have gone through it here at my complex with it involving my 7 yo DD & after a verbal warning and then written warning they are evicted....

happybabe
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:27 PM

That thing that gets me even more upset, is that I personally spoke to the bus driver in person about them sitting next to each other. I will have to do so again next year I guess because tomorrow is the last day of school.

Quoting flprincessmom:

I would talk to the parents and not allow my child to be around them. Make the bus driver and school aware of the situation & not allow them to sit anywhere near them on the bus.  If it does not stop I would let the Housing Association know about it. It is called bullying and alot of places have an anti bullying policy.....I have gone through it here at my complex with it involving my 7 yo DD & after a verbal warning and then written warning they are evicted....

happybabe
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM

That is what I thought too. (them learning it somewhere) I know that there was a car in the driveway so someone was home. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmm not really sure.  Is there someone watching them or are they home alone?  The doorbell thing is learned in my opinion so someone had to teach them.

helpme5
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM

It is a sad thought but I find that much like the children down the street your DD will have issues with adult versions (much like the childrens parents).

When it comes to physical harm you were right to step in, however it seems that didnt work... time to try something new... Sasme bus- drive the kids to school and talk to your DD about removing herself from the situation, explain that is the way those kids are... they will always hurt you if you let them, and dont let them!!! 

Some times if we cant fix a situation the best thing to do is teach them what they need to know to deal with it. Sad but true, we will not always be there to protect them (adulthood)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)