Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you put your child in a toddler bed?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 43 Replies

whats the best age?

My ds' crib turns into a tot bed. Ill just have to take the front railing off and of cource put shorter tot bed railing on.

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM

If you can , completely skip toddler beds and just invest in rails you can use on a regular bed.   DD was in a toddler bed from age 2 until this past year age 6-7.  We then moved her to a single size bed.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
We skipped the tot bed and went to twin first off.
DragonInfinity
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM

When my son started climbing in and out of his crib. About 2years. Course, when dd gets to that age we are hoping on having a bunk bed.

Only once we surrender to the Mystery can it reveal itself to us!!!

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

My oldest went to a toddler bed when he was 3 and a half. My youngest went straight to a bunk bed, bottom bunk, when he was 3 and a half. We just used a bed rail that slid under the mattress.

Firenygirl180
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Ds has been in a toddler bed since 9 months. He is almost 2 now and he has at least 8 more inches to go before he will be too long for it. Then he's getting a full size bed.
Dd will be in the crib as long as Ds is in the toddler bed. We will switch them both at the same time. Ds will move to a full and dd will get the toddler bed
2lilmamas
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Since maybe when she was like 2 1/2 years old.
MommyChance
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
We switched at about 1 1/2. He was climbing out of his crib, it became a safety issue.
Lydlou02
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM
When yhey escaped the cage. Im planning on skipping the tot bed this time because yhe crib doesn't convert. We got a set of bunkbeds we'll stack when she's a bit older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Hmm, I as far a when I thought they weren't a baby anymore?...... I have a 14 yr old and a 3 yr old. I don't think with either one, there was a descisive moment where i got melancholy realizing they weren't a baby anymore.

As far as the best age? Honestly, I fall in love with each of them again every time their personalities change. Every change makeshift say " stay just like this! You are beautifully perfect, just like this! And then a change or a "learning spurt" and I say " just stay like this! You are beautifully perfect just. Like. This!"

Even my 14 yr old, because his conversational skills are becoming so well thought out and he can add a perspective about the news and controversial subjects with such well thought out , yet still with a child like " innocence"....I think to myself, " Stay. Right. In . This . Very. Spot!"
So , each stage is a different child for me to be ga-ga over! :-)
newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We removed the rail when he was about 1 1/2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured