Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi my name is Tiffany and I have a 3 year old and I'm really having a hard time getting her to use the potty. So can someone please help me out.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM

She may not be ready yet.  What signs have you seen her show that suggest she is ready?  What have you tried to encourage her to use it.

MommyT409
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM
She would tell me she has to go and I would take her and she would go. But she would do that for like a few days and then it's back to going in the pull ups. I would get up in the morning with her and take her to the potty and I was take her again after she eat breakfast and againg lunch and b4 bed.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Don't use pull ups. Only underware.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyT409
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM
But that is the thing when I do put them on her she just wet her self. They what?
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

When she does wear pullups she needs to be dry for a few days and not poop in them during a nap.  This will let you know she is ready to potty train.

lalalamama
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Potty training is messy business. If you accept that right off the bat the process won't take long because kids don't like to wet themselves either. Keep the potty close by and keep her in easy to wash and fast to pull down clothes ( or just undies at home ) then watch her for the tell tale signs she's about to go.
Just like puppy training lol! Patience, consistence, rewarding desired behaviour = success! Oh, and some messes, but that's unavoidable. Keep her in pull ups at night though.

Quoting MommyT409:

But that is the thing when I do put them on her she just wet her self. They what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)