Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help Woman is harassing my kids

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
  • 48 Replies

I know this is going to be long but please read.  I really need someones advice.  First off this woman is always bragging that her mom is the director of head-start in west Texas and nothing is ever going to happen to her.  Maybe she is right.  She is always going around bragging that she burned down her neighbors car, because she thought they called CPS on her.  She also brags about stabbing a kid at one of the houses that her mother owns. This woman is also 40 years old and my neighbor.

The harassment started in 2008.  She would come over uninvited to my house to ask my guests if they wanted to have sex with her while her husband watched.  I threw her out and she started egging my cars.  This went on for about a month.  A few weeks after the eggings stopped her husband admitted that she was the one that was egging my vehicles.  After that she started throwing beer cans, bottles, boxes, cigarette butts, and trash in my yard. Then one day she decided that she did not like one of the lights being on at my house and tried stealing it.  I caught her red handed and called the police.  They made a police report and ended up not filing charges.  The officer said it was only going to be a ticket and that might aggravate the situation.  The drunken slurs and the trash still continued.  She drives in front of my house flipping me off and calling me a f***ing psycho.  There were a couple of times that she would be walking up to her house and would sit there saying oh look its the crazy lady.  Finally one day I told her that she needed to grow up.

Then she started in on my kids (11 dd, 9,dd, 7ds).  My son got held back in Kindergarten because he has a learning disability.  When she found out about it she was sitting there laughing and calling my son a retard.  It took every ounce of my being not to go and confront her.  On May 10, 2013 I witnessed her older daughter chasing my son.  When he stopped at the crosswalk to look for cars she came up and grabbed him by the back of his collar and yanked him backwards almost to the ground.  When I got my kids inside the house I asked them what was going on.  They then told me that stuff like this has been going on for a while.  They told me that the woman would come and smack them on the back of the head calling them dummies, especially my son.  I asked them why they did not tell me  and they told me that they did not want to say anything because I just separated from their father.  I called the police and they sent an officer out.  my kids could only tell them that this was happening when they would walk to and from school. They did not know the specific dates.  The officer told her to stay away from my kids.  After that she started waiting for them at the crosswalk. So I started driving my kids to school in the morning and picking them up.  She got upset and started in on her slurs especially towards my kids.  Whenever she got the opportunity she would yell at my kids and tell them they needed to call me psycho.  Mediation was set up at the police station.  She refused to go, but her husband went.  He basically admited everything to the Lt.  except for her hitting my kids.  He said that he would make sure everything would stop.  I hoped that it would but I already knew better.  On May 31, 2013 my son was walking back to his classroom and this woman was standing there with her younger daughter.  Her daughter stuck her tongue out at my son and my son responded by sticking his tongue out at her daughter.  The woman came after my son yelling at him "Did you just stick your tongue out at my kid."   My son ran into the classroom and his friend closed the door.  This woman went banging on the door and tried opening the door but it was locked.  When my son told me about what happend I immediately called the school and the police.  The school verified what my son told me and this woman admitted what she did to the officer.  The officer told me that since my son stuck his tongue out that showed he was not afraid.  Maybe he was not afraid of her daughter but I know he was afraid when this woman started going after him.  My kids cannot go in the backyard or the front yard because of this woman.  It is because she uses every opportunity to harass my kids. 

What can I do about this?  Moving is not really an option becuase I am purchasing this house.  I can't really afford rent and a mortgage.  Someone suggested calling CPS.  Can they really help in this type of situation?  Please I will take any advice that I can get.  I also tried getting a Protective order, but in the state of Texas you can only get a protective order if you are related by blood or sexually abused. 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Any physical contact is abuse so yes call CPS for hitting your children or the emotional harrassment.  You should be able to file a restraining order against her that any contact with you or family or anyone at your home could result in her arrest and a stay in jail.   Have you tried to contact her mother?  It really does sound like this person is an addict or mentally unstable.   Perhaps get one of those horns you can blast towards her or something.

mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Can you catch any of the vandalism on camera?

LADYxGHOST
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM
11 moms liked this

You are in a horrible situation. I can suggest getting security cameras installed. hey have some with night vision and audio recording capabilities.  I would also keep a log book of each incident.  I would advise the school of the situation. I would invest in a home alarm system. Usually if you call Monotronics or ADT directly the system and installation is free and you only pay the monthy fee for monertring (I beleive ADT also installs secuirty cameras).  I would invest in digital voice recrders and have each child carry it when outside. If an incident occurs, then there will be a recording of words exchanged.  If possible, have your children see a therapist to process these assults. The therapist will make notes regarding what the children convey to him/her and thiscan act a proof for CPS that she is abusing your children.  The therapists word will carry much more weight that yours.  I would keep reciepts for the therapy sessions to sue her for damages in the future. 

also check ou this link https://www.oag.state.tx.us/victims/stalking.shtml

it appears her conduct qualifies as stalking.

angel_eyez
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Punch her ass one good time in the throat. No but really I am so sorry you are going through this. That lady sounds crazy. I would just keep reporting her and telling her off. Record and write everything down. Start asking to speak to the polices boss if they keep refusing to help you.
LADYxGHOST
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly if I was in the same situation, i would.   I grew up in areas where there where plenty of places to go missing and never be heard from.  When it comes to my kids................

Quoting angel_eyez:

Punch her ass one good time in the throat. No but really I am so sorry you are going through this. That lady sounds crazy. I would just keep reporting her and telling her off. Record and write everything down. Start asking to speak to the polices boss if they keep refusing to help you.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hire someone to beat the shit out of her....

starsis68
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not want. Her around. My kids she does not need to work for head. Start I would call around to see who you need to.talk to.that is over her thay have boss to. There is a head start group of people. That are over all the head stars in you committee. I would let.them know. What going on so.thay can cheak on her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Clearly this woman is mentally ill. Can you get her behavior on video, in front of a witnesses? Regardless, report her to the police and CPS. 

This has gone on way too long. Time to take a stand. 

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

You are purchasing the house and therefore can't move? Why not? Sell the house. Move. Get away from this woman.

my.sonshine
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Move. Moving IS an option. That woman wouldn't like me one bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured