Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may have made a mistake....a big one

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

I started training this week for a job with Sears call center handling warranties and extensions. Training will last 6 weeks and then 1-2 of "phone calls" for practice. Today was the 3rd day of training. I am now wondering if I have made a mistake. I would REALLY love to be back in the classroom but they are not hiring "new" teachers right now. If they anyone right now it will be teachers that have been laid off or were caught in the cut backs. Technically I am not a new teacher(I have 7 years experience) but I am new to this county system. This week is all paperwork and learning the different warranties. So it is VERY boring but we are learning a lot. Next week we start on the computers learning how to do the warranties, documentation, cost etc. Should I give it a little more time? It took 2 month to find this job and DH is not working right now. He is looking for a job now. I am just not sure if I should quit the training now or just try to finish it.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Don't give up! It sounds like it is your best option for right now. Hang in there :)
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Keep with it. Look at it this way... It's a job that will help bring in money to pay bills and put food on the table. Also, if you quit now, how would that look to any potential future employers?
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
It's always eaiser to find a job when you have a job. Keep this job and keep looking for something in your field. There is no shame in doing something you don't love it if it pays the bills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizard3731
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I'd give it a little more time.  If you still don't like it, you can start looking for something else.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Until you can find something better, the smart thing would be to stick with it. 

ReeseStrickland
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Ugh thats terrible!  But it will probably get less overwhelming.  It's can't hurt to keep looking for another job on the side, it's not as if you need to quit now or never.  I wouldn't just quit cold turkey without another income source though.

Do you feel DH is putting out the appropriate effort to find a job?

Allebas
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM

DO NOT give it up until you have another job lined up!! I know someone who had a job, and she was told she would be doing a different job than what she had originally thought she would be doing! She argued with the manager for several minutes. She lost her cool, and basically told him she quit!!! Now she is once again--BROKE, and trying to find another job!! She has had 3 jobs in the last 2 years! The first one lasted 2 days! They called her on a Saturday after she had worked the previous Thursday and Friday. She was told she just wasn't 'working out.' Then she got hired on at an Attorney's office. Her boss called her into her office after she had been there 2 1/2 months. She told her she was 'letting her go.' No explantion other than that! The third job she was working as a bartender in a dive bar. She was told she didn't make drinks 'fast enough' after working there for 2 months. I was like REALLY??? You just figured that out? Did you bother to find out if she had gone to bar tending school?? And no--she had NEVER tended a bar in her past ever!

jjmama12
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Just do the job but continue to actively look for something better. Do not leave this one until you have something just as good in pay or better. Especially if you are the only one working.

sugarcrisp
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM

If you quit and both of you are left without jobs, and thus pay, wouldn't that screw you over?

Suck it up and look for something better in the meantime.

Kaylawv2
by Kayla on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Don't quit without a backup plan. Especially since your Dh has no job. Just wait until something else comes along. Is it possible for you to move if you find a teaching job in another city/state
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured