Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

This teen has pulled the last straw!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I know it is long but please read all of it. Needing Advice. So my sister has a teenager and she is an absolute handful. She just turned 16 and they threw her a big birthday party to celebrate. For some reason she has gotten into this attitude where she thinks she is everything and isn't thankful for anything anyone gives/does for her. The other night, Cassie, (my sister), told Brooke (the 16 yr old teen, her daughter) that she wasn't allowed to leave the house to be with her boyfriend or be with him at all why she was out taking her other kids to friends' house and taking her littler one to spend time with Grandparents. Cassie came back and Brooke was not there. She called her and she answered and said she was at the park but not to come and get her because she was just with friends and not to worry about her. Cassie wasn't going to let that slide because she knew how caniving Brooke was and wasn't going to let her do something without checking up on the situations. Cassie pulled up to a parking spot on the side of the park where Brooke would not be able to hear the car or see it. She got out and went to go check things out and yes, Brooke was with her friends, but she had failed to mention that all of her friends' boyfriends were there as well as her, and they all were in the middle of a full on make-out session behind the community building. Cassie called all of the girls' mom's to come and get their daughters to leave and punish them, and sent all of the boys home as well. A bunch of cars pulled up as all of the moms filed out of their cars and walked over to where the action was happening. They took their daughters home and I am guessing they were all thoroughly punished. Cassie doesn't know what to do. Brooke is out of control and Cassie says that this can't happen again, and I wouldn't want it to either. She needs help on ways to punish her. She has already taken her car away and she can only go to things her parents will drive her to. Cassie feels like there needs to be a better punishment..so please help!!

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
KrissyKC
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Whatever "punnishment" she decides, Brooke obviously cannot be trusted, so Cassie needs to decide if she's going to be one of those moms that decides, "well they are 16 and you cannot stop their choices because they are almost adults."   Or...  if she is going to put her foot down and say, "I can still prevent this until you are moved out, so until we have decided to start trusting you again, I'll have to treat you like a child that cannot stay home alone or have many privileges (besides school and work - strict schedule) outside of the house and yard.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I would also have her do some research on the prevalence of std's and teen pregnancy.

elkmomma
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Forced volunteer time!

sugarcrisp
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I was worse at 15. My poor mother. lol

I ended up spending 9m at a girls group home. It sorta helped.

I'm not too sure. Maybe some family therapy?

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

take away all of her access to the internet, take her privacy away.. remove her bedroom door, strip her room of everything but a mattress, pillow and blanket, give her three outfits...no make up, no hair products aside from shampoo...  find a place for her to do volunteer work for the summer.... she needs to take back the control in her home..... If she is a SAHM, she should make her wake up early and she should be helping with all of the chores around the house until she is able to show respect and not feel self entitled, she needs to be stripped of everything but the basics.....

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It sounds like she doesn't deserve to be allowed to stay home alone

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
You used the front door? lol I climbed out the window and the fence to the neighbors behind my house and to that street cuz no1 on that street knew me or my parents. i was never caught. i ran into my neighbors son once but he was in the drug scene and never told on me lol

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

What was funny?

Im being dead serious.

I thought i was being slick when i snuck out, forgot my second mom was up ar 5am when i walked in the front door, she whooped my ass so damn hard, ad shell ad mit it to it.

Trust me take the phone, and door, computer time, ad make her do all the dishes, drop her off and pick her up from school.

Watch how fast she turns around.

Quoting chrissypea21:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

When i snuck out i got an ass whooping so hard i could barely sit and i was 14!!!!

Take the damn cell phone, drive her ass to school an pick her ass up grom school.

Take the door away from her as well.

HAHA! That was pretty damn hilarious but good advice at the same time!

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Hell no!!!! Lol.

I used the basement doors, but totally forgot that my second mom walked out of front door lol. And the living room looked over drive wat.

Worst was i took my little sister with me, and thats partly why i got beat.

I was bad.

Quoting CarlyEliz:

You used the front door? lol I climbed out the window and the fence to the neighbors behind my house and to that street cuz no1 on that street knew me or my parents. i was never caught. i ran into my neighbors son once but he was in the drug scene and never told on me lol

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

What was funny?

Im being dead serious.

I thought i was being slick when i snuck out, forgot my second mom was up ar 5am when i walked in the front door, she whooped my ass so damn hard, ad shell ad mit it to it.

Trust me take the phone, and door, computer time, ad make her do all the dishes, drop her off and pick her up from school.

Watch how fast she turns around.

Quoting chrissypea21:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

When i snuck out i got an ass whooping so hard i could barely sit and i was 14!!!!

Take the damn cell phone, drive her ass to school an pick her ass up grom school.

Take the door away from her as well.

HAHA! That was pretty damn hilarious but good advice at the same time!

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Im scared for teen years for my oldest.

She scares me, especially since i was horrible.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

sugarcrisp
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Trust me.. I know how you feel. As thrilled as I am to be having a girl, I'm worried about the teen years.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Im scared for teen years for my oldest.

She scares me, especially since i was horrible.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)