Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 3 yr old called my sister a Fing B. (full words) EDIT

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
My sister came to me and said dd said this to me. I was shocked. So i asked dd what she said and she puts her head down in her hands and says that she cant tell me. So i told my husband he just looked at me. We dont talk like that at all especially around the kids. My sil every word out of her mouth is a cuss word and dd just got back from seeing her aunt. Im at lost i dont know what to do. My mom says that at this age if you let it go that she should let it go to. I mean she had 5 kids so i believe her. I have told my sil quit a few times to not talk like that around the kids. But she obviously does not care. Im at a lose.
We are always there. Me or my husband. My sil is always starting fights with my 70 yr old mil they both yell and scream and cuss in every fight i dont like going over. Always calling each other names. Its stupid.
SHE DID IT AGAIN. Me and my husband went out for our anniversary and we get home to my dd in time out. I asked what happened, my dad said that she called my sister(the same one) a fing b. I asked why, she just hung her head. I dont know what to do. Next to not letting her aunt and granny see her, i have nothing. Im lost.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hip2it
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM

With my kids, at that age it was easier to ignore the language.  If they get a reaction, any reaction, they keep saying it.  At most I would say, "We don't say those words," and move on.

I would not allow SIL unattended around LO for a while, not until she could control her language.  If your child is exhibiting behavior (language) that is unacceptable because of SIL, then SIL is a bad influence.

katye43
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

If she doesn't want to control her language don't let your dd visit her without you there.  She  obviously doesnt respect your rules for your dd.  I too would ignor her  but iwould tell her that nasty words are not acceptable language in our home.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...go shopping! big smile mini

HisAngel91
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
That's what we are doing. I looked at her and said "we dont use those words" and continued to make dinner

Quoting hip2it:With my kids, at that age it was easier to ignore the language.  If they get a reaction, any reaction, they keep saying it.  At most I would say, "We don't say those words," and move on.I would not allow SIL unattended around LO for a while, not until she could control her language.  If your child is exhibiting behavior (language) that is unacceptable because of SIL, then SIL is a bad influence.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Yup no more time with auntie or grandma if they continue to fight in her presence.  Good job keeping calm about it and not making big deal since children will continue when there is a big reaction.

HisAngel91
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Thanks. I just looked at her like what? Took a breath and went on. I wanted to walk out the door and go give them a nice talking to

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yup no more time with auntie or grandma if they continue to fight in her presence.  Good job keeping calm about it and not making big deal since children will continue when there is a big reaction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN