Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A pop in the mouth.....Update

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
  • 36 Replies

DD is driving me totally insane!! I am going to go completely crazy! I called her dad yesterday and asked him if I could bring her that afternoon instead of Saturday. Of course he asked why? I told him she has been showing no respect for me or her step=dad, was being smart mouth and sassy and was acting like an entitled brat! i actually smacked her in the mouth when she wouldn't stop talking sassy! He said it would fine to bring her and he would handle it. She is a total daddy's girl and can manipulate him very easily so I am glad I talked to him first. I would really like to turn her over my knee right now!! 

going crazy

Why is everyone getting SO upset? She wasn't beaten! The pop hurt her feelings more than anything else!

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mbc324
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM

How old is she?

paintitblack0
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Yikes. How old is she? 

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

A pop to the mouth never hurt no one. I've done it before when mine have gotten 'verbally out of line'.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
5 moms liked this

I disagree that a pop on the mouth never hurt anyone. Hitting your child just shows them that you have lost control and are willing to be violent with them. Nothing good will come of that.

If an adult did this to another adult it would be assault.

AF_Petite
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
How old is your daughter?
Tallmomma
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I can hear the frustration in you message and I sure understand how it feels. However using a violent method of discipline shows kids its not a problem to deal with issues in that way - I respectfully disagree with that idea.

Each day we are with our children we are shaping the legacy of behavior that they will use in their adulthood.

If you are OK with the idea that when your DD grows up and she's frustrated with her children it will be OK to hit her kids in the face then keep it reacting that way.

I'm only blabbing my opinion as this is an advice group so I mean no insult or disrespect in any way. We all have to do what we need to in raising our own children and we are only only ones that are there each day w our kids.

We Moms have to stick together.
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

She is 15 and thinks she knows it all. She rarely ever got a spanking as a child only when she was really bad, She is constantly crossing the line now.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Ouch. :(

Gl mama.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

She is 15 and thinks she knows it all. She rarely ever got a spanking as a child only when she was really bad, She is constantly crossing the line now.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Then ignore the other poster.

When i was 15, and talked like that i got popped in the mouth and fat lips all the time.

Tell your daughter shes damn lucky my mom isnt her mom

Quoting SexyTeacher:

hburnette3
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM

that show people a pop on ass as a child is a good thing!

but at 15 she is going to be mouthy and trying.    A pop in the mouth wouldn't be a bad thing.  just don't do it when you're angry.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)