Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ear Piercing

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: When is it ok for me to get her ear's pierced?

Options:

Later?

Now?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

My daughter is 4 months old and I am needing advice on to when i should pierce her ears. 

I know the doc said it would be fine now, but I want other momma opionions!

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valrubio
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband wouldn't let our babies get their ears pierced. He wanted to wait til they were old enough to ask for it. We had one ask at 6 years and one at 5 years. Now my 7 year old is asking for earings.

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We left it up to our girls.  They asked when the oldest was in 3rd grade and the youngest in 1st.  It's also easier when they are older because they don't pull at the earrings and can sit still for the cleanings better.

kaylaybaby666
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I pierced my dd's at 6 months before christmas. They are easier to take care of
blondie.mom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
My mom had my ears pierced when I was 6 months, they are still in. I don't have daughters, but if I did I would get them done early like mine were.
Marimaru
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I won't do it until they ask for it.  If that's never, so be it.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally waited until dd told me she wanted it done.  The only benefit of getting it down as an infant is that the child will not remember any of the pinching and it will be part of them for as long as they want to keep them.  For dd that was last year when she was 6.5 yrs old.  She was old enough to care for them and know how to be careful.

Lauren79
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

My mom did mine when I was a couple days old.

I had DD's done when she was 4 months old, I had tried to do it earlier but her ears needed to be a little bit bigger. Neither of us has ever had a problem with them. In my experience, getting them done as a baby it's something that's always there and they don't mess with them. Cleaning them was easy and so was taking care of them. DD still has her ears peirced 14, almost 15 years later.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM

i tried to get my dd's done at 3 months, but they wouldnt do it until she was 4 months..so i went back at 4 months and got them done...she cried for 5 seconds..and we never had any issues!  when she was 7 she got her upper ear done (cartlidge) when she was 8 she got her second set..and now (shes 9)  apprently in the summer she wants her third set done  :)

Piskie
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Later..... Wait and see if she wants them done. What's the rush to put permanent body modifications onto someone?
QueenSprinkles
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I would wait. She may not even want her ears pierced.  When she's old enough to make the decision, then take her. My mom had mine pierceed when I was a baby. They are uneven, and I'm stuck with them because they healed before I was even able to walk and talk. Had I got them pierced later on, I could have taken them out and had them redone if they were uneven.

I have shut my little sister in from life and light -
(For a rose, for a ribbon, for a wreath across my hair)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)