Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething??

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter is four months old and I think she's teething. As if this isn't strange enough it isn't her two front bottom teeth but I think it's one of her lower canines. Is this normal!?
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to a pediatric dentist about it.   Each person is different so a medical professional would be best to ask.  Her regular doctor could probably help you as well.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Usually it's one of the front teeth first but it could be normal. If you're concerned, you should mention it to the doctor at her next visit.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Babies do start teething at different times, but it does seem really early to me. If it was me, I'd mention it at the next well baby check up.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

AspensMama1537
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter's canines went up and down. It started at 4 months. You could see the tooth through her gums. I thought for sure it would pop through first. Her bottom and top teeth came through at 6 months. Still no canines. It was crazy because every few weeks you could see them trying to poke through, then they would go back up again! Most kids don't get the canines first. Talk to your pediatrician or dentist if you are concerned. Good luck with your teething baby! Sometimes teething seems harder on mama then baby.
sunflower970
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I've heard of babies being born with teeth! I thought that was crazy!

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Its possible, but I would mention it to her doctor, next time you're in!

Radellia
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
My son started teething at 2 months, still no teeth yet! It's definitely possible your little one started the process, but it may still be a while before they pop out! Other teeth may catch up... Right now I can see teeth buds for the bottom 2 and top 4 on my son, I can't wait for teething to be done! It sucks!
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I would mention it to your doctor at your next appointment
LindaClement
by Linda on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Lots of kids start with their canines. When it's their top ones, they look like little vampires, which is super cute!

Jackiesmomma13
by Carolyn on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
My lil one is 4 months and shes teething up a storm. Its normal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured