Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Scary baby monitor

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
Dd is 18 months and just moved from a crib to a toddler bed. We never used a baby monitor when she was younger because we share I was always near and just didn't need one.
We bought one when she moved into the toddler bed because i wad uncomfortable knowing that she could just get out of bed.
Well I was in the back yard reading and enjoying the weather last weekend and dh went to bed. I had the monitor with me and after he left I heard what I thought was him saying goodnight to dd and humming. He came back to the yard to see when I was coming to bed and I told him I had heard him talking to dd and that it was cute. He says that he didn't say anything :( i was creeped out but at the same time I thought maybe he fell asleep for a little while and forgot that he had talked to her.
But then tonight I'm in the yard again and then the monitor got staticky and then I heard mumbling. I ran in to find dh at the computer in the living room and I made him check dd. everything was normal.
This is freaking me out! I am thinking of getting rid of the monitor!
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Depending on the frequency your monitor runs on, it will pick up other baby monitors, cell phone calls, cordless phones, radio stations....  Which one do you have?

clo1220
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
That's a good thing to know! It's graco, not wireless.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Depending on the frequency your monitor runs on, it will pick up other baby monitors, cell phone calls, cordless phones, radio stations....  Which one do you have?

robbinsroost
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

When my oldest was a baby we lived in a townhouse and we sometimes picked up the neighbors phone calls on our monitor, but it never sounded like someone was talking to our DD. I had a voice come from our house phone one night that scared me and I still don't understand how it could have happened. Here is my post about it, http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/5877192/I_am_so_freaked_out.

Hope you don't hear anymore voices in the monitor. I would be scared also!

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I personally would get a different monitor.  Even though I KNOW what is really happening, I would still not need to hear that all the time. LOL  We have a Sony.  Never had an issue.

Quoting clo1220:

Quoting jackiewal10:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM
This.

Quoting jackiewal10:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I agree with this also. I don't like weirdness. :(

Quoting jackiewal10:

I personally would get a different monitor.  Even though I KNOW what is really happening, I would still not need to hear that all the time. LOL  We have a Sony.  Never had an issue.

Quoting clo1220:

Quoting jackiewal10:

4kidsmommy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Yep, we had the corded grace monitors....and it picked up her conversation with her baby. Actually I heard her singing to him, it was cute yet freaky, I called her and told her that it was awesome she sings to her baby. We lived in the same quad apartments, just next door to each other. Needless to say we threw em away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)