Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice for a FTM mother 35 weeks pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am in my 35th week and I am now getting very nervous about delivery. Maybe its just because its my first child and first delivery. Anyone have any helpful tips to remember on delivery day or things i should get ready for that I may not be expecting or just advice?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

It can be boring at times... Try to sleep.

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Enjoy the time you have now too. The next few months will be a whirlwind. Go to lunch, get a pedicure, take lots of naps. You'll miss all of these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Sleep when you can, take time for yourself and do things for you. I rarely get time alone after 7 years. Oh, enjoy being alone on the bathroom! Lol
DeLaLi
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Well, I had my first child almost two years ago, so it is pretty fresh in my mind. 

1) You do not know what is going to happen once you go into labor, or how it will happen, so start preparing your clothes, shoes, toiletries and anything else you know will keep you comfy while in the hospital after you give birth. It is better to be early (I had everything a week in advance). Obviously this includes anything for the baby as well. 

2) You MIGHT be the very lucky few who actually get enough sleep, but if not, prepare for all the sleeplessness. It might get to you as it did me and many other mamas. Hopefully you do well with no sleep just in case (I know I didn't, ugh). 

3) Try to prepare for help any way you can. As for me, I stood with my mom for the first week and then DH was home on FMLA for the second week. You might need the support.

4) If you did not get already get one, get a belly wrap asap. Idk the actual name of it, but it is one of those things you put on to help flaten your belly. It will help bring your midsection back to the way it was pre-pregnancy. 

For me, those are the main things. Everything else I am sure will come to you :) YAY and GL!!

goatmom4
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

breathing does   work    tyr to rest   then you forget the  pain       the minute you get the baby      good luck

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Breathe

I wasn't able to get an epidural until 3 hours before my DS was born. The anesthesiologist was in an emergency c-section. I was in a lot of pain of course. A nurse finally asked me if i had taken any Lamaze classes or anything.  I told her no.  She showed me how to breathe correctly through the contractions. It made a BIG difference in pain.

LindaClement
by Linda on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

If you think about labour more like hiking up a mountain, and less like being stabbed in the eye, you'll be less fearful of the pain involved. It's your muscles in your body, working hard --not some foreign event happening to you. 

If you could know you were going to have, say, 187 contractions, then for every single one you had, you'd know for sure you are not going to have to do it again, and you're one closer to being done. 

It's helpful to know that between contractions, there is no pain at all. Even if the space between them is only a few seconds, it's a few pain-free seconds to enjoy.

Remember to breathe: all muscle pain caused by exertion is much, much worse without enough oxygen.

Also, if anyone tells you to 'push', kick them: you're more likely to break a blood vessel in your eye, give yourself hemmoroids, or SLOW your labour, because what people do when they 'push' is tighten up all their muslces, increasing your blood pressure and making the birth canal SMALLER and LONGER, instead of relaxing down and making it wider and shorter. How long do you want this to last?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Good luck <3

kristine8333
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I gave birth to my first baby almost 9 years ago.and just had my 4th baby 1 month ago. Feels just like yesterday when I gave birth to my first baby. all these ladies are right. make sure your packed ready to go to the hospital. I've learned from my past labors that breathing does work, my first 3 labors I thought that breathing did not help, but the breathing did help with my 4th labor.
another thing get as much rest as possible before baby is born.
and all the nervousness and being anxious is normal feelings.
good luck to you!
goatmom4
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM

bring your fav t-shirt it will make you fell comfy    after     prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured