Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I see a doctor?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 19 Replies
I had an emergency c-section Tuesday and they released me Thursday, even though my blood pressure has been low, I still look very pale and it's been a week.
My incision is ok and I haven't had any large clots, but my husband is concerned since I'm still so pale, so should I still get checked out?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Don't you have a regular appointment to go back in soon? Are you feeling dizzy and weak? Could you be anemic?

teaspring
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Increase the iron in your diet or take a low-dose supplement, but I would first consider phoning the nurse line at your doctor's office. 

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

If you don't feel good then of course you should go get checked.And I would think they would have follow up appointments already scheduled.

Marimaru
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

The follow up is 2 weeks out, so if you are still feeling weak and whatnot, you should at least give a call.  If you aren't taking iron, you should be.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If you are concerned, at least give the doctor a call and talk to a nurse.  You could be low in iron (my mother was like this).  I would increase your iron intake (naturally, eat more leafy greens like kale or spinach) and maybe take a low-dose iron supplement. 

bad_mama2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

More weak than dizzy, my appointment isn't until the 18th. I went to the ER last night, it took like 5 hours to tell me I was slightly anemic, but otherwise fine. They didn't tell me what to do about it though, I really hate our local hospital, and everyone wonders why we drove almost an hour away to every appointment and to have our baby in another city.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Don't you have a regular appointment to go back in soon? Are you feeling dizzy and weak? Could you be anemic?

bad_mama2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My iron levels were always very good because I get a lot in my diet, so it was kind of a surprise that I'm anemic.

Quoting teaspring:

Increase the iron in your diet or take a low-dose supplement, but I would first consider phoning the nurse line at your doctor's office. 

bad_mama2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My appointment isn't until the 18th.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

If you don't feel good then of course you should go get checked.And I would think they would have follow up appointments already scheduled.

bad_mama2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I haven't yet, I didn't think that was the problem because I eat a healthy diet and get a lot of my iron from that, plus I'm nursing and still taking my prenatal vitamin.

Quoting Marimaru:

The follow up is 2 weeks out, so if you are still feeling weak and whatnot, you should at least give a call.  If you aren't taking iron, you should be.

bad_mama2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I havben't been taking a supplement, other than my prenatal vitamin, but I do eat stuff like that and my iron levels were always very good until now.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

If you are concerned, at least give the doctor a call and talk to a nurse.  You could be low in iron (my mother was like this).  I would increase your iron intake (naturally, eat more leafy greens like kale or spinach) and maybe take a low-dose iron supplement. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured