Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDIT ... i can barely walk ..... limping bad when i do =( please open this post!!EDIT! !!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 18 Replies
I have my first boil ... atleast that's what everyone is telling me it is .... its on the outside of my thigh rite in the middle and it's causing my entire leg to hurt ...... I seriously want to just cry myself to sleep! =\ I've tried hot compresses I've tried soaking in a hot bath I've tried neosporin. .. I've tried this medicine for boils called "boil-ease" ..... I seriously want to scream and cry

I'm in the er now ...... all I know is that they r bout to numb it and cut it open and drain this sucker!!!!! Thank god!!!!! They just said it was an abscess. .....
Who knows ???? ..... ... who cares!!!!!!!! They r about to drain this sucker!!!!!!!!
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punkinsmom0106
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ouchie.  I have zero experience, but if you're questioning your diagnosis, a pic would probably help.  If you're looking for advice, bump :)

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Aren't boils a big skin infection? I would go to the doctor tomorrow and have it evaluted just to be safe. Maybe they can give you a cream or something to ease the pain.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Go to the ER or your DR i used to get them alot ouch hugs:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Please go to the doctor. I had what I thought was a boil and it turned out to be a severe Staph infection from a bug bite. It grew to the size of a melon overnight. PLEASE go right away. Especially if it is hot and aching. I wish you the best.

Had3girls
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Im 50min from a hospital ..... what will they do?? I'm scared they will just tell me hot compresses and peroxide or just to keep it clean ...... I can't afford to waste time and gas money if they won't or can't make the pain go away

Quoting strictmomhere:

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
My aunt had one, they gave her a shot of antibiotics

Quoting Had3girls:

Im 50min from a hospital ..... what will they do?? I'm scared they will just tell me hot compresses and peroxide or just to keep it clean ...... I can't afford to waste time and gas money if they won't or can't make the pain go away

Quoting strictmomhere:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
They drain mine and give me antibiotics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof1_2013
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Go see a doctor. My friends DD(2) had a boil on her thigh and she couldn't walk, it ended up being mrsa. Go to the er or make an appointment first thing in the morning. If anything they can drain it for you. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

they might lance it and get the infection out . Give you antibiotics and pain meds.. Does your Dr have after hours calling ?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I don't think a trip to the ER is necessary but I do think you should make an appt with your dr for tomorrow. A boil needs medical treatment and a lot of times, an antibiotic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured