Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

please help me

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi I need some advicebasically I have an out of control 15 year old son he's running away when he does not get his way at homehe is smoking marijuana and drinkingwhen he's home he's talking to me any kind of way and I'm not having that he puts a lot of stress on me and that's not good for me because I have lupus I'm just wondering if anybody else is going through this with their 15 year old son it makes me feel like a failure as a parent because I did not raise him to be this way I talked to him about a lot of things in life he knows that I wanted to complete high school and college he's feeling in every subject I'm just worried about his future and where he's headed in lifeI just need some advice from other parents
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
me-n-mygirls
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
(((HUGS)))
jessica1078
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly my 15 yo ds is opposite. Have you taken away video games, tv, phone, etc?  If needed strip his room to bare minimum- mattress, blanket, pillow.  No friends. No privilages. hugs

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you.   I would try to find out why he is acting out so much rather than staying home and staying out of trouble.   I would tell him if he is such a man he needs to find a job to show me he is responsible rather than party all the time.  Is there a strong positive male role model that could talk to him about these things?

trish2634
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM
@frndlyfn no positive male role models anywhereexcept for the coaches that he's had over the yearshe's pretty much been in sports his entire life except for when he turned the age of 15 that is when all of this started to happen before that age he was the sweetest son I had ever hadand now I don't even know who this child is that I have before mewhat I'm trying to decide if I should just let him be out in the streets and get tired of it and strip his room down and when he comes back make your own all of his things backor go out and look for him and make him come homeI just don't understand the parents who let these kids stay with them when they don't get consent from the other parentsI have an idea where he may be and this mother doesn't really like me and I believe she's letting him stay there at of spikes for me
trish2634
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:34 AM
@ jessica1078 yes I have taken his privilege cell & other things none work
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would try to get in contact with those coaches if possible to see if they can help in their off time.  Your local police department may have a teens in crisis program as well.  I do not have a teen yet but as a former teen, when i saw classmates switch modes like this it was usually due to something happening that they did not tell anyone else.  He may also be feeling overwhelmed with all these hormones and emotions that a teenager gets.  Partying and substance abuse is a way for them to numb their confusion or pain.

trish2634
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM
@ frndlyfn I will definitely give that a try because I am at my wits end with my son & his antics we once were very close then came 15 & im assuming peer pressure then he changed over night it seemed all I want is my good kid back one thing I can tell u all if u have small kids noone can break your heart the way your children can ooh its such a deep wound :(
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Sorry you are going through this. My son is only 7, so I really have no advice.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Sorry you're going through that. You might also try asking on the Moms with Teens group, too:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN