Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarried at 8wks

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
About a month ago.. I feel like I'm going crazy ..a few days ago I felt little "kicks" .. I thought it was gas.. (it was a gassy day) tmi. I know. .. but I have felt it more frequently since than... all day yesterday ..extreme heartburn ..and late last night and today ..a little nausea.

Am I crazy or is this normal after a miscarriage ?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Sorry.. I dint have these symptoms after miscarriage. Hugs. Its a tough time. 

camo.roo
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
No clue. Sorry about the miscarriage. Hope you are okay! Here's a bump.
ChristinaCheney
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I don't remember if I had those symtoms right after my miscarraiges, but I have felt it from time to time when I was not pregnant.  Gas can do that to you.  Its just more painful when it is a reminder.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I had two miscarriages and I never thought I could endure such pain and people that haven't been there don't seem to understand.  If you need someone to talk to, I would be happy to.  It will always hurt, but it does get easier with time.  After two miscarriages, I changed doctors and had a happy healthy baby girl, she is now 4.  

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I didn't have those symptoms but I also got pregnant a month later.

hugs

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I agree... people try to be understanding, but unless they have been through it they can't fully comprehend.
My guess is it's gas or your mind playing tricks on you :( I have had 4 miscarriages and I have had those symptoms happen when I knew I couldn't be pregnant.

Quoting ChristinaCheney:

I don't remember if I had those symtoms right after my miscarraiges, but I have felt it from time to time when I was not pregnant.  Gas can do that to you.  Its just more painful when it is a reminder.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I had two miscarriages and I never thought I could endure such pain and people that haven't been there don't seem to understand.  If you need someone to talk to, I would be happy to.  It will always hurt, but it does get easier with time.  After two miscarriages, I changed doctors and had a happy healthy baby girl, she is now 4.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I am saddened by your loss. ((hugs))

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Nothing will erase your loss.  Find comfort in the fact that you were able to get pregnant aand hopefully carry another child full term. Have you seen or talked with your doctor?  I would imagine that there's a bit of gas involved with such an ordeal.  If it continues, you may want to touch base with your doc to make sure everything's okay.

DaniandTom
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I've had 4 miscarriages and all I can say is that grief is a (w)itch who messes with your mind. 3 months would be a little early to feel movement, but still possible. The chances of you being pregnant after a miscarriage are very slim. You would have had to miscarry one out of multiples--twins, triplets, etc. If you had a DNC, the chance is so small as to be nil. If you're really wondering if you might be pregnant, go get a test or see your doctor. If nothing else, it will give you closure.

I'm sorry. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. It doesn't seem like it right now but things do get better. It just hurts to go through this, as you know. ♥Hugs♥ 

momma.meg
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

i did see a doctor in the middle of my mc....it happened around may 10...they did an ultrasound.they tried to hide the ultra sound screen from me...there was nothing there...they said there would be no reason for a dnc since EVERYTHING had passed on its own : ( 

and i was about 8 weeks when it happened..

Quoting DaniandTom:

I've had 4 miscarriages and all I can say is that grief is a (w)itch who messes with your mind. 3 months would be a little early to feel movement, but still possible. The chances of you being pregnant after a miscarriage are very slim. You would have had to miscarry one out of multiples--twins, triplets, etc. If you had a DNC, the chance is so small as to be nil. If you're really wondering if you might be pregnant, go get a test or see your doctor. If nothing else, it will give you closure.

I'm sorry. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. It doesn't seem like it right now but things do get better. It just hurts to go through this, as you know. ♥Hugs♥ 

momma.meg
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

see.. that was my first thought...gas....it is probably my mind playing tricks on me...a "phantom" baby... 

because its super low ... like the first little "nudges" you would feel when your baby first starts moving...

im sure ill be fine though : / 

thanks everyone fopr all the advice

Quoting conniejo75:

I agree... people try to be understanding, but unless they have been through it they can't fully comprehend.
My guess is it's gas or your mind playing tricks on you :( I have had 4 miscarriages and I have had those symptoms happen when I knew I couldn't be pregnant.

Quoting ChristinaCheney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)