Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is he too young ?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 29 Replies
I have a one month old baby boy. He is ebf but sometimes ill give him a bottle of expressed breast milk. I'm with him 24/7 but next month I go back to work so I started saving milk in the freezer. I have a lot saved.

I was invited out for the 4th and I (kind of) want to go but then I think maybe he's still to young for me to have a night out .. He usually sleeps from 9:30 or 10 all the way till 3am then has a bottle and goes back to bed till 6am then another bottle then wakes up fully at 9am. So I defiantly have enough milk saved to leave him with my sister for a few hours in the night ill probably be home around 12 or 1 anyways I'm just worried it is too soon ..

When did you first have a night out and leave baby with a sitter?
Am I being selfish for wanting to go out so soon?

*UPDATE*
Decided to stay in this time only because I would just be out thinking about him. The more I think about it the more I think it's too soon for us. Thank you for all the replies . I trust my sister with him 10000% but I'm just not ready
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't call it selfish, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by Steph on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I don't think I could leave my accu at that age. That's me personally
arpazia
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I didn't leave ds alone until he was almost 9 months and only an hour.
Do what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bailer795
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this
It's all up to you! It depends on how comfortable you are with it. I was scared of leaving my son for a few hours right aroun the 1 month age also. I ended up taking the opportunity, he was with his dads mom, someone I trust 100 percent, and I was only a 20 minute drive away. Don't let other moms decide for you. Every child and mother is different and you need to do what's best for you. Having a few hours away from the baby doesn't make you a bad mom in a way shape or form. In my eyes it makes you a good mom. IMO we as moms need a little bit of time to ourselves here and there to replenish ourselves. It takes a lot of energy and patience to be a mom and sometimes it's good for use to get out and have some time for us. I find after a short break from my son I come home refreshed, and have a lot more patience for him!
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM

i wouldnt/didnt leave my daughter until she was about 13 months (thats when i went back to work)  i dont think its selfish of you to want to go out..if you feel comfortable with leaving him with your sister, then go for it!! 

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are confident that your sister would care for him as her own until you return home, I see no issue with having a few hours off to charge the new mommy battery.  I am envious that he sleeps that well so young. DD did not sleep through the night until after toddlerhood.   I did alot of day trips after she turned 4 or 5 months.  Daddy would care for her while i charged up my battery by going to a quiet lunch with a friend.

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM

DD stayed at grandma's for the first time at 10 weeks. My mom ended up getting her to sleep throgh the night (yeah!) for the first time and it was right before I returned to work so it was life saving. At the time I didn't bf, but I pumped and gave that to dd so I had milk on hand like you. Just keep him with someone you trust and make sure they know how to heat the bm and all that, but I don't see an issue with it. After that it was another 3 months before dd stayed any where but it was a relief to just get some sleep!

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM

If you fully trust your sister and you will only be gone a few hours go. It wont hurt the baby. 

I nused both my boys and my oldest was two weeks old when we left him with my sister in law to go out with my husband for our first anniversary for a couple of hours

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Sure,I would go. I think it's good for kids to get used to other peoples worlds.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I left my boys at varying ages.. ds1 was 6 weeks, ds2 was 2 weeks ( I was hospitalized for ppd) ds3 was 10 days ( ppd again)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)