Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Birth control help😬

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 33 Replies
Okay, I was on the pill, then the depo for years, I had to come off of both because the hormones were making me crazy. I had tons of anxiety and panic attacks. So hormonal bc isn't an option for me. I have a 5 month old and am not interested in having another anytime soon! I know I could get the paragard, but my dad (who's insurance I'm still on) is concerned that its not safe to have copper inside of your uterus. I know about the family planing method, or whatever it's called, but I am breastfeeding and still do not have a period, so I don't think that would work. I do use condoms, majority of the time, but I don't want to be using them forever. What would you do?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MariannLws
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry I will not be much help. In the 20 years we have been married we never used any kind of birth control. We always said if it's meant to be it's meant to be. We've had 3 children and we still do not use birth control. 

Best of luck to ya. 

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I breastfeed & have ParaGuard because I'm afraid hormonal birth control will affect my supply. I like the ParaGuard. Sounds like your only options are condoms.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Condoms it is.  That's really your only option, based off of your OP.  You could get a diaphragm, if they even still make those. :)  But, they have been shown to be less effective after childbirth. 

thebailiffs
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
What about the Mirena, IUD?
NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I use implanon. No periods and I don't have the hormones. No worries about if you took it or if you have any condoms. It's a match stick rod that goes in your non-dominate arm upper inside part.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:45 AM
That has hormones
If OP wants non hormonal, condoms are best choice.

Quoting thebailiffs:

What about the Mirena, IUD?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

There are hormones in that.  No estrogen, but it's still hormonal BC.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

I use implanon. No periods and I don't have the hormones. No worries about if you took it or if you have any condoms. It's a match stick rod that goes in your non-dominate arm upper inside part.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Oh I didn't knkow that lol well I don't have any issues

Quoting jackiewal10:

There are hormones in that.  No estrogen, but it's still hormonal BC.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Your dad is probably concerned because the original copper IUDs were pulled from the market back in the '80s. Just because it's his insurance doesn't give him rights over your treatment, though.

I used a diaphragm for about a year. It works, but it requires a bit of forethought and it makes you more susceptible to urinary tract infections. It is, however, completely hormone free.

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:07 AM
I have implanon and have been on my period for 6 months straight
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)