Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm jus trying to protect my baby! Help!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ok do I'm worried about my sister posting pics of my daughter on her fb page. The reason it troubles me is because she has tons of "friends" on here that she don't even know liking and commenting (questionable comments) pictures of my baby. her last fb page she got herself a real life stalker. The thing is I've tried being nice asking her to put the pics on family only or something and I always get same answer she get around to it. Its to the point where I no longer like her taking pics of my daughter. Am I being unreasonable? And how do I protect my baby from all her freaky friends?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustShawna
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Giving advice on things like this are super hard. I'm going to give you the only advice I know, but it might be wrong for your situation. I don't know how close you and your sister are, but if I were in that situation, I would let her know privately that if she chooses to ignore your wishes and post pictures of your daughter, that you wouldn't allow your daughter to be around her any more. That's straight forward and to the point. You've already asked her and it seems like she skirted the issue instead of doing as you ask. No parent wants to feel uncomfortable about there children, much less from family members friends comments, etc.

Good luck mama!

brenda_joyce
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
We have a love one minute hate the next relationship. Here lately not been so bad because I been going out my way (they live 40 mins away from me) helping her watch our lil brother. But even now after seeing 37 likes from strangers I tried to bring it up again and she is ignoring my calls and texts. Its to the point where I about to tell my family she lives with (mom, brother, aunt) they won't be seeing us much.

Quoting JustShawna:

Giving advice on things like this are super hard. I'm going to give you the only advice I know, but it might be wrong for your situation. I don't know how close you and your sister are, but if I were in that situation, I would let her know privately that if she chooses to ignore your wishes and post pictures of your daughter, that you wouldn't allow your daughter to be around her any more. That's straight forward and to the point. You've already asked her and it seems like she skirted the issue instead of doing as you ask. No parent wants to feel uncomfortable about there children, much less from family members friends comments, etc.

Good luck mama!

JustShawna
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM

It sounds like it's almost your only avenue. Good luck mama. I know you are in a rock and a hard place, but you have to do what's best and safest for your daughter.

Quoting brenda_joyce:

We have a love one minute hate the next relationship. Here lately not been so bad because I been going out my way (they live 40 mins away from me) helping her watch our lil brother. But even now after seeing 37 likes from strangers I tried to bring it up again and she is ignoring my calls and texts. Its to the point where I about to tell my family she lives with (mom, brother, aunt) they won't be seeing us much.

Quoting JustShawna:

Good luck mama!

you are only who you make yourself to be....so be somebody <3

~Nymph~

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I would restrict access to said child due to them not being able to follow your guidelines.  A big reason i am not friends with inlaws on fb is they have 100s of "friends"and many are offenders of one type or another.  No way is my childs picture going anywhere near there.

brenda_joyce
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
OK I am willing to no longer b friendly with family making me uncontrollable and worry for my baby safety but what am I to do with all the pics she jus put up and creepers are seeing my baby in her bathing suit. Idk how to get them down! ):

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would restrict access to said child due to them not being able to follow your guidelines.  A big reason i am not friends with inlaws on fb is they have 100s of "friends"and many are offenders of one type or another.  No way is my childs picture going anywhere near there.

brenda_joyce
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Thanks.

Quoting JustShawna:

It sounds like it's almost your only avenue. Good luck mama. I know you are in a rock and a hard place, but you have to do what's best and safest for your daughter.

Quoting brenda_joyce:

Quoting JustShawna:

Good luck mama!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am not sure but have you tried emailng or contacting facebook about someone posting pictures of your child w/o your permission?  Offenders do not care about how the child is dressed usually but the age of child.   I would be having strong words with anyone who would not take down the ones i want down.

Quoting brenda_joyce:

OK I am willing to no longer b friendly with family making me uncontrollable and worry for my baby safety but what am I to do with all the pics she jus put up and creepers are seeing my baby in her bathing suit. Idk how to get them down! ):

Quoting frndlyfn:

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

You can report the pics to facebook. I think you just click on the pic & report it & it will ask you a few questions.

20Keller12
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

If she can't respect your wishes, then don't let her take any more pictures. And if she does put pictures of them up, report them.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I would "report" all the pictures that are currently on her FB page of your DD.  One of the report options is something like "this is my property".  Then, I agree with the others...she doesn't get to see your DD until she follows YOUR rules.  She isn't the mother.  She isn't allowed to create her own rules for your DD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN