Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Scared for my DH. :-( I hope this is nothing bad

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 10 Replies
My dh is 27, about a week ago he came home from work and couldn't hardly walk. I had to pretty much carry him from the car to the house. His back and thigh were in excrutiating pain, it's almost like he collapses when trying to walk like his legs and feet can't hold his weight (he is very thin to)
He called in sick the next day and we went to the er because he could not take the pain. All they did was give him an RX for Motrin and a narcotic.(they even had the nerve to grill is about the narcotic, like we were only there to get pills and they left the blood pressure cuff and oxygen monitor on him and rolled their eyes when i asked for them to remove them after we had checked out) they did nothing for him. This happened out of the blue with no warning or other prior pain and now his hips are crooked, the doc doesnt believe us and says he "must have always been crooked and we had not noticed" He keeps trying to go to work and 2 days ago he had to leave mid day and go to a clinic where they gave him and X-ray and said he has degenerative disc disease. ALL THEY DID WAS GIVE HIM MORE NARCOTIC PILLS! These pills are not helping him, they're not doing anything. He can't walk he's afraid he never will again and it's really tearing him up emotionally when dd tries to play and he can't. It's so sad. He has an MRI tomorrow morning. Please pray its something easily fixed. I'm scared for him, I'll do what in have to for him to be better. We will max our credit cards and go into deep debt but I just want my husband to be himself again, it's so sad to see him beat himself up about not helping me with dd and missing work. No matter what I say he doesn't think it's okay for him to just lay on the couch, when it is because he needs to rest! I'm afraid he will lose his job because he had missed so much work and he was enrolled to start school in a few weeks and this is the last of my worries but we also had a vacation planned for two weeks from now that I want to cancel but he wants dd to have a good summer.
Ugh sorry so long he's a good man and I feel helpless in this situation. He does not deserve this pain. :-(
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clo1220
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Bump
lacyd75
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I'm sorry your dh is havng such hell. Men are hard headed like that, they don't want to rest they want to just still do everything. But then again alot of us moms do the same lol. Maybe he needs find him a Dr geared towards dealing with this disc issue he has going on. I don't really know much about it myself. Maybe do some redearch and see what ideas are out there for this.

nissadawn
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:10 AM

My husband has been doing the same lately and its just been a down hill spiral since his wreck where some idiot rear ended him.... he's actually been using a cane lately because the pain is so bad he cant stand...we go in two weeks again, they want to check for immune disorders which i dont understand why they havnt yet......ill keep you in my prayers!

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

He could also try a Chiropractor, no drugs or surgery with them and a good one can help.

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
My discs are wearing thin in my back and cartilage in my hips. Loosing weight and physical therapy helped me.
SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Just saw where you said he is very thin. Scratch the idea of loosing weight. Lol
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Sorry your dh is in so much pain.   Hope all goes well & gets taken care of soon.

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

It sounds like a disc problem. Physical therapy and traction might help along with steroids.  Make sure he sees an orthopedist.

Bluecalm
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I hope he feels better soon. I think a lot of ERs and clinics are suspicious of drug use. My dh hates to go to the doctor and I always have to force him. He fell and hurt his back but held off going for two days . The doctor refused to treat him until he agreed to take a drug test first, said it was suspicious he hadn't gone straight in. She said if he was clean, she'd examine him. It turned out he had broken his back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I also have degenerative disc disease and there are times when the pain can be unbearable, though losing weight did help a lot (not saying it's the same for him, you didn't mention his weight). Seeing a chiropractor though might be a good idea for him.

Edit: Sorry, I see that you mentioned he was thin).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)