Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have highlights in your hair...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 18 Replies

How often do you get them redone? My salon said every 8 weeks. There is no way I can swing $80 every 2 months! That is so much just on my hair... Are there any tricks to make them last longer or not notice the roots as much? TIA!

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlm425
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I love highlighting my hair but I haven't done on it a long while cuz it is so expensive. I'd say depending upon the color/darkness of your hair - when it starts showing the grow out and how long you can handle it. I didn't have it done every 8 weeks. One of the nice things when I highlighted my hair is it didn't show as much when it grew out...like a full color does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Um i go every 4 weeks or so to get touchups, nothing later then that, unless I forget to book early. Me and my dd go at the sametime to get our touchups done. My mom goes every weeks or so as well.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Learn to do them yourself, or find a friend who is willing to help you do them.

Hair coloring is a luxury, it is high maintenance, and it is expensive. I used to get my hair done every 6 weeks, to the tune of $100 per appointment. Then I realized it's really not necessary (and kind of a waste of money), so I stopped.

stargaze281
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
hey I am goi g through same thing. I got my high lights done 2 months ago and I haven't gone back to fix them. IT is just too much to go back. I am thinking of dying my hair all one color.
mcarsel89
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks it's outragious! 

Quoting stargaze281:

hey I am goi g through same thing. I got my high lights done 2 months ago and I haven't gone back to fix them. IT is just too much to go back. I am thinking of dying my hair all one color.

mcarsel89
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

You must spend a fortune on your hair!

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Um i go every 4 weeks or so to get touchups, nothing later then that, unless I forget to book early. Me and my dd go at the sametime to get our touchups done. My mom goes every weeks or so as well.

Foleygirl24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I have really short hair, and I get them done every 3 months or so. Doesn't get noticable until about 3 months, and sometimes I can go longer (like in the summer, when the sun lightens my hair naturally).

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM
No not really. Lol

Its about 40

Quoting mcarsel89:

You must spend a fortune on your hair!

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Mama110981
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My clients usually have them done every 5-8 weeks. Its an upkeep service. If u cant swing it u cant swing it. Just keep in mind the longer u wait to have it retouched the more unkept it will look.... That is not meant as an insult btw
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

thats why i dont get highlights..lol, i used to, but it got expensive. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured