Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was i wrong?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 27 Replies

so i was out with my kids eating at mcdonalds. one of my kids has a port wine stain over half his face. these older "preppy looking" ladies (you know te type that always have there noses stuck up at everyone) were sitting across the restraunt from us and they kept lookin over at us specifically my son. and they kept talking bout him with disgusted faces. (i know they were talking bout him because the first lady that started it motioned her hand over her face to another who then turned to look). well they kept looking the whole time we were there. so when we were done, i walked over and said hello and asked if there was a problem. they asked about him and the words they said was "what is on your kids face? did you hit him?" i said no it is a birthmark on his face and next time you have a question about someone i personally would rather you come up and ask than to sit back and talk about my kids to your friends.

should i have just let it go?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Personally, I would have asked them if they needed something when they first started. Clear it up, then you can enjoy your meal.
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Good for you, talking to them and setting them straight.

FIREFOX1336
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Good for you! My dad has one by one of his eyes it covers his eyelids too. I'd say if you made a perfect square with it it'd be about 4 square inches. Kids always would ask when I was younger "what's wrong with your dad" the port wine stain runs in the family. Y daughter actually has 2 small ones, the size of a dollar coin on the base of her skull and a pea size between her butt cheeks. If I remember correctly my dads aunt had it too. (It may have been his grandmother) I once had a talk with my dad though he said people are so into looking perfect that they get them removed from their kids faces. He said he's happy his parents never did.
jojo_star
by Jojo on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yes, I'd have let it go. No need to turn their ignorance into your rudeness. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

i probably wouldve said something sooner..but thats cuz i cant stand people staring..

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Personally I think they were the rude ones, staring at and talking about an innocent child. I'm not sure what I would do in the situation but I imagine the mama bear in me would come out. People talk about me and some adults even make mean comments about my looks but I ignore them. It's different when it comes to my sweet boy tho.

Quoting jojo_star:

jojo_star
by Jojo on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yes, they were rude and ignorant. I don't see that as an excuse to stoop to their level. You just showed your son that it was ok to treat people that way, provided they are rude first. 

Quoting huntersmama711:

Personally I think they were the rude ones, staring at and talking about an innocent child. I'm not sure what I would do in the situation but I imagine the mama bear in me would come out. People talk about me and some adults even make mean comments about my looks but I ignore them. It's different when it comes to my sweet boy tho.

Quoting jojo_star:

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I think the way she approached them wasn't that bad, from the way she described she was polite about it. If she had verbally attacked them and cursed them out that would've been wrong.

Quoting jojo_star:

Yes, they were rude and ignorant. I don't see that as an excuse to stoop to their level. You just showed your son that it was ok to treat people that way, provided they are rude first. 

Quoting huntersmama711:

Quoting jojo_star:

youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I think good for you for addressing such snobs.

stayathome510
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you, mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured