Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

ànniversary ideas

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Dh and I will be married 6 years this Sunday. In the past we have always celebrated by going out to dinner, or watching a movie. This year we thought it would be fun to do something a little different. The problem is that we can't seem to think of anything lol. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and don't have a ton of energy, and if it is hot outside you can just forget any outside activities lol. The in laws are willing to babysit our oldest two for the day, but so far we don't even have a plan that would require babysitting. I guess I'm kind of a dud this year because of the pregnancy, so just thought I might get some inspiration from others lol.
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommatojos
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe do a date night at home???That way you don't have to go anywhere. Make some yummy food or make a recipe you have been wanting to try and also a dessert enjoy each others company without all the interruptions from the kiddos??

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I have no idea what's in your area.

Do a local search. :)
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a hotel and just enjoy a night away from home :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, hotel with a pool ( indoor) get weight off you from baby and enjoy that! Go for nice relaxing dinner close or in hotel, then maybe even pay per view a movie... Snuggle, have quiet you time. - maybe u even get mani pedi?

We did similar last year for my bday... But pay sitter; since i dont have family nearby!

For our anniversary; we flew my dad up for 6 days to babysit so we could got to luxury resort ALONE! Im not prego though... Nor would i wanna be ( at this point) lol

Congrats on the new addition and enjoy 6 years!!! It flys by!!! We just hit 15!
JoeMax
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Dh actually suggested this, but our kiddos don't really stay overnight very well with their grandparents. We may still give it a try though :)

Quoting luvemboth:

Get a hotel and just enjoy a night away from home :)

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Happy Anniversary! Go to a B&B not too far- an hour or two drive, stroll around in the evening, get a nice meal. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN