Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Job interviews... I suck at them

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've been looking for a better job. One with better pay and better. My current job schedules me less then 20 hours a week and the pay isn't that great. In all honestly I hate my job. I've had a few job interviews. I think I don't give the employer the answers they are looking for. For example I'm asked if I were to be hired on would I stay with my current job and work both places. My answer is no. Then I'm asked why. This is where I bomb... I respond with I feel s if it is not the right job for me. Is it a bad answer? Or should I answer that question?
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaliyahsMommy23
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Tell them you would want open availability for them & you feel unappreciated at your current job.
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Your local unemployment office has resources that can help you. You don't have to be unemployed to participate in the classes and seminars.
Your library might offer something too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Don't say anything negative about your current company. That's horrible advice. Just say you're looking to expand your skills.

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

Tell them you would want open availability for them & you feel unappreciated at your current job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Be confident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaliyahsMommy23
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I had an interview on Friday & was honest about why I disliked my prior job & they understood. Just giving the advice that worked for me. I was hired, btw.

Quoting ColieO:

Don't say anything negative about your current company. That's horrible advice. Just say you're looking to expand your skills.

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Maybe that company didn't care, but in my experience it's a huge turn off for most to say negative things about employers.

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

I had an interview on Friday & was honest about why I disliked my prior job & they understood. Just giving the advice that worked for me. I was hired, btw.

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaliyahsMommy23
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Well then I think we can agree the open availability will sound good to them. :) lol

Quoting ColieO:

Maybe that company didn't care, but in my experience it's a huge turn off for most to say negative things about employers.

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting MaliyahsMommy23:

steffiecox
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I don't say anything negative about my current job. I know that won't get me a job anywhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)