Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

1 meal a day

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 33 Replies
Idk..I've read and heard from different people that "hey it's fine, as long as you piece on healthy food all dayish"

I try to do this:
Breakfast: chocolate breakfast drink (so good if you haven't had it)
Lunch: either I piece on stuff unless I go to the city and have lunch
Supper: if I didn't eat lunch I eat a normal supper..meat a vegetable
Later: cookies (cravin diff kinds) veggies, fruit, ice cream, fruit pops, yogurt, those juice pops in the box! And smoothies

I mean I'm startin to have nightmares that my baby is goin to not be healthy or have something wrong with it...idk what to do!

What do you guys eat or did eat during pregnancy?

I'll be 11 weeks Sunday btw if anyone asks

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Why are you restricting your meals while pregnant?
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I want to know why restricting as well. That is not nearly enough calories to sustain a woman let alone a woman who is carrying a baby inside her. 

MissMossyOak90
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Not meaning to..like I said "idk what to do" idk what to fix up for breakfast and lunch

Please don't be mean

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Check with your doctor to make sure you are eating properly and getting the nutrition that  you and your baby need.  I haven't heard about being restrictive this much when pregnant, myself, but your doctor can advise you.

MissMossyOak90
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
The baby is healthy all the times I go to the ob

Quoting frndlyfn:

I want to know why restricting as well. That is not nearly enough calories to sustain a woman let alone a woman who is carrying a baby inside her. 

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Your Pregnancy Meal Plan

This plan is designed so that you can pick a different meal and snack for each day of the week; we've counted the calories for you. And you get to eat lots -- breakfast, lunch, dinner, two snacks (one calcium rich, one regular), and a treat. Woo hoo! All recipes are single servings, so this is a total no-brainer. The recipes here are an average of 400 calories more than a non-pregnant woman eats (exactly what you need during your second and third trimester).

Total daily calories: 2200

If your doctor says you are underweight, you'll likely need about 2400 calories a day: Add an after-dinner snack from the snack list or double the size of one snack during the day.

If you started your pregnancy overweight, you'll likely need about 2000 calories a day: Only choose one snack each day.

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/nutrition/prenatal-meal-plan/

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I posted for you an article about meal planning and it gives healthy snack ideas that are quick and easy.   You need a protein, veggie/fruit and carb each meal  in my opinion to help keep your energy up as you get further along in pregnancy.  Since you like bfast shakes you can make one with bananas, pb and chocolate.  Milk is a source of protein though not as high as actual piece of beef or chicken.

Quoting MissMossyOak90:

Quoting frndlyfn:

MissMossyOak90
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Thanks I appreciate this

Quoting frndlyfn:

I posted for you an article about meal planning and it gives healthy snack ideas that are quick and easy.   You need a protein, veggie/fruit and carb each meal  in my opinion to help keep your energy up as you get further along in pregnancy.  Since you like bfast shakes you can make one with bananas, pb and chocolate.  Milk is a source of protein though not as high as actual piece of beef or chicken.

Quoting MissMossyOak90:

Quoting frndlyfn:

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I'm not trying to be mean. I just wondering if there was a reason (lack of appetite, dieting, etc.)

If you are a morning time runner and you have a blender, (I have a Hamilton beach personal blender that was $15 at Walmart) grab some fruits and veggies (bananas mask the taste of spinach and carrots completely) and chocolate or whatever else you like. I threw some milk, sponge cake, strawberries and chocolate in mine once and it was heaven. Literally experiment with what you have on hand! Oatmeal is golden too!

You do need more calories and nutrients. Just make sure you eat good fats and watch sugars and sat/trans fat.

Quoting MissMossyOak90:

Not meaning to..like I said "idk what to do" idk what to fix up for breakfast and lunch

Please don't be mean

Quoting MissTacoBell:

MissMossyOak90
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
im never that hungry...im hungry in the morning and at supper thats it
Quoting MissTacoBell:

I'm not trying to be mean. I just wondering if there was a reason (lack of appetite, dieting, etc.)

If you are a morning time runner and you have a blender, (I have a Hamilton beach personal blender that was $15 at Walmart) grab some fruits and veggies (bananas mask the taste of spinach and carrots completely) and chocolate or whatever else you like. I threw some milk, sponge cake, strawberries and chocolate in mine once and it was heaven. Literally experiment with what you have on hand! Oatmeal is golden too!

You do need more calories and nutrients. Just make sure you eat good fats and watch sugars and sat/trans fat.

Quoting MissMossyOak90:

Please don't be mean

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)