Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Are these naps normal/ok?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son gets up between 730 and 9. He got to a nap around 145. Normally he sleep about an hr and 45 mins or 2 hours. Sometimes I'll get him up a little after 2 hours if he hasn't on his own. I know though if I left him he could sleep 3 or 3 1/2 hours if I let him. I've wad to have him nap 2 times but he won't sleep that way. Only if you make it one big nap. Breaking it up would mean doing the first nap too soon after he's up. Anyways... My Q is if he napped the 3 hours is it normal?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pricemp2012
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

yes it is completely normal a child is normally only needed one nap and it is normally recommended aroiund noon or 100pm

urbpro
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I'm not sure how old he is but a typical 1 year old needs between 12-14 hours of sleep, broken up however it suits him. If he sleeps for 9-10 hours at night and then takes 1 long nap in the day, he's doing just fine :o). Mine always took a nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon but it still worked out to about 14 hours.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

There is a wide range of normal. Let him sleep.  I always let my children sleep. I figured their bodies know better than me how much sleep they need.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM
If he sleeps good at night don't complain. If he doesn't they are sleeping too much during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
My 15 month old has two naps 1 at around 930 and another around 230. They are both an hour and a half- two hours.
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
My DD is 17 months sleeps nights 7-8am goes for a nap at 10am and sleeps till.3:30pm every day. This has been her sleep since she was 8 months old.

3 hours is fine. Lol
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM
If it's working for him then it's good. :)
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Sure. My kids always took 2 1/2 to 3 hour naps in the afternoon. It was heavenly!

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Don't wake him up, let him sleep.

daftricochet
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM

That sounds okay. Every baby is different. 

My 4.5 year old only takes one nap now (about 12n-2pm), and she sleeps from 8pm-8am. My 3 yr old has never been much of a sleeper, though. She has the same average sleep time, but her naps are two (sometimes three) 45 minute stretches of sleep. They're both perfectly fine and well-behaved. Very rarely cranky. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN