Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be worried?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am 38 weeks pregnant and after weeks of my Doctors dismissing my back pain and frequent urination, I have a severe bladder infection. I believe I have also been leaking amniotic fluid for the past two days. Will this develop into further infection?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Has the dr checked for sure whether you are leaking fluid? Are you on antibiotics?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shanelbo
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am on antibiotics but they also seem to make me extremely ill. Since the leaking began over the weekend I am scheduled to see my Dr this morining. But my Dr's are not..well, I would not give them a gold star for anything thus far, I was just looking for some insight because they seem to not listen to me or any of my other symptoms.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't know but here's a bump, and good luck! Can't believe you had to walk around with a bladder infection for so long, that's awful!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Eat some yogurt with probiotics while you're taking the antibiotics...

kearaloves1
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
if its fluid then yes go to the labor and delievery and they will confirm with test stips if they should induce you or not!
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM

If you're on antibiotics, you should not develop an infection.  When you get to the hospital, make sure to voice your concerns to each doc or nurse that comes in to make sure they're not overlooked.  I hope you're feeling better and have a wonderful delivery!

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I had a bladder infection while pregnant and ended up delivering baby 3 weeks early.
mrsbarefootsoul
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Yes, quite possibly.

I had an undetected bladder infection, and it caused a pretty severe infection in my placenta.

I got very sick, very quickly and had to be rushed to the hospital. My blood pressure went up and my sugar dropped very low. It sent me into pre term labor. Thankfully the doctors were able to get the babies (twins) out before the infection harmed them.

Please don't let this go untreated. Go to the hospital if that's what you have to do to get medical attention. I promise you, what I experienced when i became sick with the infection in my placenta is NOT something you want to go through.

Keep us updated.

((hugs)) 

shanelbo
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:17 PM

thanks for all the advice. I returned from the dr and it is not amniotic fluid. However the dr took me off antibiotics because i was getting so ill on them, but he stated 'im sure after 48 hrs of taking them it has cleared up' so didnt give me anything else. I stated my concerns but he didnt seem to care. my first child i had an infection and it did put him into distress and he was delivered early so I feel my concerns are legit but the dr stated bladder infections DO NOT cause problems with baby. Thoughts? i think this Dr is bogus.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I would be going to the hospital for the labor delivery department to check me out instead of a doctor who does not inspire confidence for their work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured