Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

drop offs

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

My ex texted me and asked me from now on when he comes can he pick up our son at my house. I told him no our CO says police station because when he is around me or we talk he is known for verbally abusing me and swearing at me. At the police station he doesn't do that. If he wasn't verbally abusive I would let him come to my house.

Also when he comes to my house he is never on time for drop offs and pick ups. I did compromise with him though. He said 9am was to early for a pick up so I asked him what time works for him and he said 10 so I agreed changing it to 10. He cannot even make it on time for that. Also he never brings him back on time he always shuts his phone off when he has our son. So also the police station fixes all those issues.

Opinions? Did I do the right thing by saying no? 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
daisybaby91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, you did. If he has proven that he cant be trusted to pick up/ drop of your son at your house, dont give him the chance to do anything dickish again. There is nothing wrong with meeting at the police station
PartyOfCuatro
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Yes you did.
PartyOfCuatro
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Yes you did.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Yes... You did!
If in the future you can reconsider if you feel his behavior warrants it.

You guys are not friends. He is not doing you favors. This is the safest, easiest stressless way. Good for u for taking care of yourself and your little one..

Im sorry your kids dad isn't nice to you. Sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN