Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday parties

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

My sons birthday party is coming up in September he is turning 7 and I am planning the birthday party. My ex texted me asking me if this year he was getting invited him and his family. All the other birthdays we have never done a birthday together we have always done separate ones for the fact that our families do not get along and it's always high conflict.

So I told him no. I told him he is able to take him the day of his party either before his party or after his party doesn't bother me which he decides and he can also throw him a birthday party of his own as well. Did I handle this right? 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes. If everyone could get along then great invite everyone. But if not then its best to have separate parties, you don't want a conflict to arise and ruin your sons party.
AAP1988
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM

exactly! if everyone could get along thats is one thing. But I cannot control  my side of the family, and he cannot control his and how they act. 

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

Yes. If everyone could get along then great invite everyone. But if not then its best to have separate parties, you don't want a conflict to arise and ruin your sons party.

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

That is the only solution if the two families can't get along.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM

So sad two families can't get along for the sake of a child.  Seems the adults are acting like children. If this the only solution then do it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Just curious (I have asked you this in some of your other rants/posts) - Why do you post?

In every post you ask - "Did I handle this right?" - "What do you think?" - "Am I wrong?" - "Did I handle this right?" - etc - etc.

Yet when anyone disagrees with you, or tells you you are wrong, you jump down their throat.

So- If you don't really want a variety of opinions, and do not think that you are ever actually wrong at all - why do you post? Why do you ask the questions?

Personally, it seems to me, that you generate tons more drama around yourself than is ever really necessary, and then seem to revel in it.

Also, it is proper forum etiquette (for anyone other than a forum troll that is), to tell folks when you have posted the identical thing in multiple groups - PIOG - as you do with ALL of your posts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)