Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel bad?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

When your husband disciplines your children? Sometimes I'm like ohhhh I get the cring face but I do know it's all for the better and it's not harsh only because I can't be that way I'm more loving and nurturing I am not "hard!" LOL I just want to know I am not the only mom that feels this way at times.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinakinakins
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll let you know if I ever get married. Here's a bump.
mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Maybe i should have put this in a different group. :)

Quoting tinakinakins:

I'll let you know if I ever get married. Here's a bump.

SpiritedMom2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Absolutely! I feel the same way! Im a believer in gentle parenting and I hate it when he yells and threatens. I have spoken to him about it - particularly since my child is so strong willed - harsh parenting makes the whole thing worse!  I must admit its got a lot better and when he loses it, he takes a look at my face and brings his voice down...but I know exactly how you feel. I have even at times taken a stand and intervened when the parenting got a bit too harsh for my liking (fortunately he does NOT spank).

SpiritedMom2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Probably your heading needs to be changed - its so general - people wont know what its about...thats why there are so few replies...?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I am personally the harsher more strict parent between the 2 of us.  We have agreed on certain methods so we stay on the same page.

mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Ohhh I'm so thankful I am not the only one. We def do not spank there has been a few where they did desreve it but nothing to TOO harsh I just am like Ohhhh well I guess they desreved it.

Quoting SpiritedMom2:

Absolutely! I feel the same way! Im a believer in gentle parenting and I hate it when he yells and threatens. I have spoken to him about it - particularly since my child is so strong willed - harsh parenting makes the whole thing worse!  I must admit its got a lot better and when he loses it, he takes a look at my face and brings his voice down...but I know exactly how you feel. I have even at times taken a stand and intervened when the parenting got a bit too harsh for my liking (fortunately he does NOT spank).

SpiritedMom2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Nobody deserves to be spanked or yelled at. Read this:

http://nospank.net/pt2011.htm

mommyinthe303
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM

My kids are by far not abused never have been. But thank you for the info.

Quoting SpiritedMom2:

Nobody deserves to be spanked or yelled at. Read this:

http://nospank.net/pt2011.htm

threenorns
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
nothing wrong with spanning if it works for the individual personality. my oldest got plenty in her time - she scoffed at "gentle" techniques. my second never got one - a sad "i didn't expect that from you" more than sufficient. my third is a mix.

bottom line, if what she's doing is going to get her hurt or dead, I'd rather be the one to hurt her rather than the speeding car, the river, the fall from the top of the bookcase, the stove, the hydro socket, etc.
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

lol no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)