Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adhd

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 3 children live with their father in another state but I have them during school breaks. Last year my 8 year old son was out of control. I told my ex hsuabnd he is showing signs of ADHD. He said to me " you and the school think this but the doctor examined him and says he is fine". Well another summer comes around and his behavior is worse. My sister who has a kid with adha came to visit and said my son has it bad. He cannot sit still,causes problems with everyone, I asked him to pull the clothes out of the dryer today and he said okay mom and walked into the bathroom then came out and said what did you want me go do again, then I told him had him repeat it back and he said OK and went into his room and brought MW dirty clothes. Some say o he isn't paying attention but he just can't focus on anything. What do I do?? If I force him to drink coffee he is a perfect angel half the day.. His dad had ADHD as a kid so he should know.. Seriously this is a problem and I can't believe his dad won't do anything. He never went to the doctors all the kids told me he hasn't so my ex is lying.. What do I do??
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
threenorns
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM
you need to get your ex out of denial. I'd you have to, take it back to court.
YOROSSI
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

You are his Mother you can go to an MD and have him checked out ASAP. Good Luck!

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Take him for an evaluation. Then you'll have proof.

DDDaysh
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

If you were really a concerned parent, you'd be calling the child's doctor yourself.  

linnclark
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I already called his doctor and they have no record. Normal behavior of my ex. I took him to my doctor here and they want to give him medicine so if his dad doesn't let him have it when he gets back home, I'll be going to court once again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)