Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED Help... No Bashing

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 27 Replies

Okay well I will start off I have two boy I also babysit a little boy monday-friday. Well he is 4 and my oldest is 6 My son was brought up with knowing no-one touches your junk(privet parts for boys)  Well I cought them both looking and touching each others junk (yes I know Gross) I do put a stop to it put them in time out /Or Spank my child . Because they both know thats not right. So I put the boys in my sons room to lay down and hopefully take a nap(As they call it They are just resting ) I notice it was really Quite and I went in to check on there and I found my son on his knees and the kid a babysit touching and looking at my sons junk. Idk what to do. I was raped when I was around my sons age and I just hurt when I see stuff like that. Do I think it is sexual no . I think they are very curious. I know My son has not been touched in any way because he is with me all the time and I dont even go into the bath room with him when he takes a shower. (He wont take a bath he loves showers. IDK what to do ... Please No bashing ...... 

And also My husband and I dont do stuff in frount of our kids eather so he would not know..... No BASHING 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly? It is a very very normal thing for kids to do. However I would question if the child you babysit for has been molested possible.
RaisinGirl78
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
4 moms liked this
I know you having been raped as a child makes you overly cautious & paranoid. I'm the same way. I would definitely talk to the parents & children together about how inappropriate it is. Private parts are private. I'd also not trust them alone for awhile. Good luck & hugs mama!
Sharon435
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quoting Retrokitty:

Honestly? It is a very very normal thing for kids to do. However I would question if the child you babysit for has been molested possible.

I dont think that he has but I do know that his mom and Stepdad are really really open when it comes to sex no they dont do it in front of him or anything but they do talk about it in front of him so IDK 

Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Sex was always talked about in my house from a very early age. No one in my house was like that.
It is super normal I would just keep talking about why it inappropriate.

Quoting Sharon435:

Quoting Retrokitty:

I dont think that he has but I do know that his mom and Stepdad are really really open when it comes to sex no they dont do it in front of him or anything but they do talk about it in front of him so IDK 

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
3 moms liked this

That is totally normal behavior, actually.  I wouldn't punish either of them for it.  That could create worse issues down the road.  Just tell them to stop and move on with your day.  Honestly, I think that your issues from your past are affecting your perception of things.  Like, why is it wrong for you to go into the bathroom while your 6 year old is showering?  Or why is it wrong for you and  your DH to be affectionate with each other in front of your kids?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I would start by using the actual names when talking ot the boys about keeping hands to themselves.  It is very natural to be curious and children tend ot step over that line of privacy easier than we do as adults.   Talk to the parents just so they know what is going on so everyone is on the same page.

proudmommy7663
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I would be the same way if I were you
BlessedMommy312
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Yes this behavior iS normal . Though its like what the fuck! When a parent sees her son doing things like this. Yes your past may be creeping up and taking a roll in the way you deal with this situation but its understandable for the most part. Plz let the other child's parents know Whats going in with the two boys. Its important to be on the same page. Just don't be aggressive in telling them. some Parents are the kind that think there is no way there kid would ever do anything like that with another child. As for punishment ..nah I wouldn't punish them for being curious ..because its a natural curiosity. Just remove them from the situation and explain that this behavior is really not ok.tell them Or just your son that his private parts are not to ever be touched by anyone other than himself. And if they are always tell mommy or daddy right away.
threenorns
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
making a big issue out of it will create a big issue.

don't project your past onto your son but definitely have a weird with them in a calm, non-judgmental manner and say "we don't play that way in this house"
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting jackiewal10:

That is totally normal behavior, actually.  I wouldn't punish either of them for it.  That could create worse issues down the road.  Just tell them to stop and move on with your day.  Honestly, I think that your issues from your past are affecting your perception of things.  Like, why is it wrong for you to go into the bathroom while your 6 year old is showering?  Or why is it wrong for you and  your DH to be affectionate with each other in front of your kids?

why do you call it junk?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)