Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1St birthday presents?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 27 Replies
What do you get a child for their 1St birthday? My daughter is turning one in a few months and I'm not sure what to get her
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Books, puzzles, maybe a noisy toy like the toddler computer by fisherprice or something.  What type of things does she like to play with?

-Sweet.Tea-
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
We got our DS the B. You activity cube and i made him a felt fishing set. DD got the B.You instrument set, and I made her a felt food set.

We get our kiddos one store-bought present and make one homemade gift per birthday or holiday, so we try to choose awesome ones :)

I'd recommend the B. You brand toys, weebles, fisher price little people, and these websites for other great ideas:

Atoygarden.com
Hearthsong.com
Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Just a few toys. Not too much.

caseysmommy8911
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I got my son a rocking horse... what does your child like 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
A rocking horse for my first. Can't remember for my 2nd. They got so much from grandparents and aunts and uncles we never bought more than 1 thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
She got so much for her first i dont even remember sorry.
idunno1234
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Hugs and kisses....
MrsKaufold1990
Normally how it goes.

I know mine got a princess blanket that she still uses to this day. Thats about all i remember of the top of my head.

She got so much from everyone else

Quoting atlmom2:

A rocking horse for my first. Can't remember for my 2nd. They got so much from grandparents and aunts and uncles we never bought more than 1 thing.

MrsKaufold1990
Normally how it goes.

I know mine got a princess blanket that she still uses to this day. Thats about all i remember of the top of my head.

She got so much from everyone else

Quoting atlmom2:

LongBeachLiz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Too be honest a cake. Usually by 1 they already have too much lol. They couldn't care less about presents.

Ds just turned 2 and I took him and dd to disneyland. When we got him he had dinner and we had to convince him to get out of bed for cake lol. He didn't give two craps about a present (which I didn't even give to him then bc he was just done for the day. ). He did like the balloon the next day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)