Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss struggle :/

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
At the end of my pregnancy I was 187 my height is 5'3 I am now 145 I'm trying to get to 135 my goal is 125 and I heard that its going to be hard to lose the last 10lbs what did you do to lose the last 10lbs as far as eating and cardio?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Well it's sort of true. :)

Any changes you make will show really quick. Stay consistent and it will keep coming off.

Then, the closer you are to your ideal weight the harder you have to work, sure. Can't rely on the same old.

My first advice is not to get stuck on numbers. You and I are similar. I am 5'2, and was stuck around 140 before and after my pregnancies.

Once I really committed, and it took time- it worked.

It's been some years now and I bounce from 118-122. Gl to you!!
cnjsmith
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I went to my dr and she ran blood tests and found out that my vitamin d was low and Triglycerides were high. She put me on a vitamin d supplement and omega 3 and I've lost 4 lbs in 5 days with only that difference. Talk to your dr
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

If there's something you can cut out like sugary drinks or something you can start doing exercise-wise that you aren't already, that may get you over the plateau and help kickstart weightloss without a lot of effort involved.

Check out this group for more tips, too:

Reina13
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM

The last few pounds are the hardest. Make sure your are eating a clean diet. Change up your workout out routine. If you always use the elipitical for cardio try the stair master. If you do strength training to work out, try doing interval training. The key is to eat clean and change up your workout routine.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

heretolisten
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Remember, if you're doing weight training, you will add muscle and muscle is more dense than fat and therefore will add weight to your frame.  For example, if you had no thigh muscle before, yet more fat and that fat was reduced and muscle took its place spanning from top of thigh to bottom ... you have greater volume of a heavier mass.  That extra 10 lbs may not be 10 lbs weight needing to be lost, but rather added weight due to muscle gain.  Look at your BMI with caliper measurements and you'll know where you're at. :) 

Marimaru
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I think you'll be happier with your body if you concetrate on shape instead of pounds.  Start doing some weight training and toning, and that last 10 lbs of fat you want to lose will melt away.  The scale will go up though, because building muscle makes you gain weight, but muscle is denser than fat, so you can weigh more, and end up a smaller size.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

What you need to do is find a healthy weight, including a healthy amount of muscle compared to your bodyfat... that 'last 10 pounds' might be your heart muscle rather than your soft belly...

The easiest way to lose weight once and for all (instead of joining the 800 pound club -a weight you can only reach by dieting diligently and effectively, many times) is to build muscle, have an active lifestyle and eat real food, not too much --just until you're not hungry anymore, not until you're full. Drink plenty of water, and get lots of rest.

Don't look at the scale at all: look at your body. Anorexics who are 5'8" and die at 78 pounds have nearly 35% bodyfat, and virtually no muscle left --when they think they're flabby, they're right.

Tone, strengthen, gain flexibility and balance and stamina... your body will shrink in size even if it's not your magical 'ideal' weight.

itsneverez
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I found that I was unable to lose the last few pounds until I gave myself a fitness goal. I started with training for a 5k and found that I loved the challenge of improving my time as I got in better shape. Now I am participating in olympic triathlons. I don't do well when I focus on the scale, but instead think about getting healthier. The scale will follow.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I struggle so hard to lose pregnancy weight. I can't lose anything while I'm breastfeeding. :-P But the last time what worked was hot yoga. :-) I shed 10 lbs in a little over a month. By that time I had, without even knowing, begun to eat healthier and drink more water so in another month the last 10 lbs came off and I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. :-) LOVE hot yoga! Also, don't constantly weigh yourself and don't get focused on the number. Focus on getting yourself to a point where you feel better and feel good about yourself. :-) Make that your goal. :-)
nicoleg806
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Wow thats awesome!!! Gonna have to do that....Hope this works for you as well

Quoting cnjsmith:

I went to my dr and she ran blood tests and found out that my vitamin d was low and Triglycerides were high. She put me on a vitamin d supplement and omega 3 and I've lost 4 lbs in 5 days with only that difference. Talk to your dr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)