Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is it ok for them to match?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm shopping for dresses for my dd's for a wedding and came across this one at a stellar deal. The price is so good, I want to get one for all my girls and call it good (ages 1,2 & 7)...but is it dumb to make them all match, lol? Yay or nay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
littleangie
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Do they have different colors?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I agree with this.  If they are in the wedding, it would be cute to have them all in the same color.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Personally, I wouldn't.  Maybe the 1 and 2 year olds, but I wouldn't match all 3 of them.  I WOULD do coordinating colors though.  Or even shades of all the same color.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I would say yes! I bet the bride will love seeing them dressed alike for her day, too!

Quoting luvemboth:

That's exactly how I felt before I found this deal, lol. The 7yo's is slightly a darker shade if that makes a difference. I was thinking different colored shawls for them. Is that enough difference?

Quoting jackiewal10:

Personally, I wouldn't.  Maybe the 1 and 2 year olds, but I wouldn't match all 3 of them.  I WOULD do coordinating colors though.  Or even shades of all the same color.

GwenMB
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I see nothing wrong with it - although I do agree that I'd ask the 7 yo if she's fine with it given the age difference.

Very pretty dress!

Homeschoolmo701
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I love them....cute!

LaideBug
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Matching isn't my cup of Tea. My girls coordinate a lot but I don't buy two of the same.
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

If the dress for your 7 year old is noticeably darker, I would think that would look ok. IDK if you even need the shawls and they are young enough that they aren't going to keep them on anyway, ya know.

Quoting luvemboth:

That's exactly how I felt before I found this deal, lol. The 7yo's is slightly a darker shade if that makes a difference. I was thinking different colored shawls for them. Is that enough difference?

Quoting jackiewal10:

CafeMom Tickers

JTROX
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I think it's cute when done occasionally.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Do it. I LOVE THAT DRESS!!!! My son and niece had matching suit and dress for Easter last year. I found him a suit w a blue the exact shade as his cousins dress. It was too cute!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alikismommy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN