Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irregular Period

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm a mother of 2, but its been so long since I had my fist child. I've just had a baby girl 3 months ago. Here's the issue. My first period after she was born was right around a month and a half ago. It took a week for the real blood to show up, then a week after, it was done. Here I am thinking that I am late. I've had a couple of days throughout the past 2 weeks with minor cramps and would think I was starting my period but it hasn't came yet. I have not missed a birth control pill at all..I'm starting to wonder if I am possibly pregnant again. If I don't start within another week, I will pee on a stick. Is this normal to be irregular after giving birth? Like I said, its been so long since I've given birth to my fist child that I don't remember.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Are you nursing? If so, that will throw your periods off. If not, it can be normal for you to have a few months of abnormal/late periods after giving birth, especially while on BC. Def. pee on a stick of you don't get it soon. Just to be sure.

busymommy2013
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
No, not nursing... thank you!
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It took me months to have a regular period again. It could just be hormones are still readjusting.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Mabuka
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I agree with Reina.
I have never had a regular period so I have no advice. It took about 6 months for me to have a period after having my last baby, but I was also nursing.
busymommy2013
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Well today I feel cramps again do hopefully I start...that sounds weird. Who wants to start their period?
Khanfan
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Whenever there was any possibility I could get prg I was happy to have mine.

Quoting busymommy2013:

Well today I feel cramps again do hopefully I start...that sounds weird. Who wants to start their period?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured